Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please if anyone can identify these pipes it would help. Sorry it is the only picture available. I have been told that there are not any names or logos stamped on them, 2007 Sportster.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Do they have factory baffles or just straight pipes?
They just look like cheap drag pipes to me which could have come from any number of suppliers, Cycle Shacks maybe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to see it tomorrow to perhaps purchase, if things check out. it's about 100 miles from where I live in Toronto. Do you see anything in that photo that I should question or that is a red flag? It's a US bike from Mt. Vernon, Ill, originally, car proof checks out.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Do you see anything in that photo that I should question or that is a red flag?
Not really it seems pretty clean, looks like it has the SE air-cleaner so my only concern based on the pic would be if it's tuned correctly.
A proper stage one upgrade should have a rejet on the carb or remap of the EFI and sometimes un-baffled drag pipes can make a good tune difficult at best.
That wouldn't be a deal breaker necessarily if the engine is solid and the price is right, there's lots can be done to tweak those pipes or you could swap them out for something better easy enough.
If they are the same as the eBay pipes they came with baffles, hopefully they left them in.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No baffles, yes S/E air-cleaner, lots of extra chrome, braded lines, ect. Bought it, oh yah. I'm told a stage 1 remap was done, also has o sensor in the exhaust. It's a little loud for me but I'll get used to it, not sure my neighbours will.

Thanks for taking the time to look at the pic. I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Well congrats, should give you many miles of smiles.
Sportys are a different breed from the rest of the H-D family but a classic design in their own right and loads of fun to ride,I've owned three over the years (so far).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts