Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....it's HOT in Florida this time of year and my new ride, a Can-Am Spyder does too good a job of protecting the rider from wind.

I currently have an HJC modular which I like except for the lack of ventilation.

My initial shopping (in person at bike shops) has me leaning toward a Shoei modular.......but the price gives me pause.

Another thought is that maybe I don't really need a full face or modular after all......but I do need something fairly quiet to mount the little speakers into.

Thoughts or advice on good helmets with good ventilation ??
I don't think a half-helmet would work because of the need for speakers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wore a full helmet the first year I rode and in the summer I could feel my brain cook. I figured without a brain I was going down so I switched to a half helmet. They make half helmet with "ears" on the straps that you could put speakers in or just go to ear buds.
I love the scorpion half helmet with the drop down visor shield. It also has decent ventilation. Do you have to wear a helmet in Florida?

·
Super Moderator
12,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or just go to ear buds.

Do you have to wear a helmet in Florida?
Ear buds are not a practical solution since I also need a mic for the CB (yes, I know I could do some soldering)

And no, helmets are not required for adult riders in Florida.......and with 3 wheels I probably won't part of the time.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Try a 3/4. I have a GMax that allows ventilation from under the shield, plus the usual top vents. My GMax 1/2 has a built in drop sun shield. Not nearly as expensive as Shoei.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ever thought about a Schuberth C3 Pro? The C3 Pro is on the higher end of the purchase options out there for a modular helmet, but it’s listed as the best hybrid option if you just can’t decide between a true full face and the ¾ helmet. The Schuberth offers a quiet ride, flip up chin protection to a ¾ helmet, and it has superb fit and finish with great paint protection based on an article I recently read through.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts