Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. I am on the fence. I have a 2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 Special Edition that has just over 600 miles on it. Bought it as a hold over late last year and enjoyed riding it. However, my life has evolved. Now there is a wonderful lady in the picture who does not drive a bike but loves to ride with me. I need a bigger bike for longer distance rides that can handle highway speeds better. I have narrowed it down to a V-Star 1300. There are 2 touring models and one naked bike within a short drive. I am choosing this model for the perfect size, gas mileage, and the fact it has a dash mount instrument package as I HATE looking down on the tank mounted type. I would like advice on the following as to what one I should consider.

#1 1800 miles, Blue, Factory Touring Package with hard bags, backrest, and windscreen. Stock bike looks mint. $7499
#2 ZERO miles, blueish white, Non-touring naked bike. $7999 ( would need to add on bags, Windshield, and backrest. ( Cheapest package would be approx $1200, with OEM bags would be about $2100 )

11,000 miles, red, Factory Touring Package of windshield, hard bags, backrest, luggage rack, light bar with spotlights. Also has aftermarket chrome lowers, engine bars with added pegs, chrome fender trim, new dunlop tires. $5500

Thanks!

Vince

UPDATE: Went with the blue 2009! Thanks to those who posted.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sounds like the last and cheapest one meets what you are looking for. If it was me, and I had the 7 grand, I would buy the cheapest one and use the leftover cash to personalize out to your liking.... Joe

·
Super Moderator
12,209 Posts
Hi all. I am on the fence. I have a 2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 Special Edition that has just over 600 miles on it.
Gotta ask...............
How many bike miles do you have on YOU ??

600 is not nearly enough to be considering a bigger bike and road trips AND a passenger.

While the bigger bike might be easier to handle with 2-up when it's moving good, that probably is NOT the case at very low speeds.

If you are a more experienced rider than that ........or are a really BIG, strong guy........then never mind. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
yeah, there's lots of back story missing here - previous experience, this that and the other thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Years of experience, but I was single for a long time. The M50 was good for just me and no long haul trips. Ever since she came into the picture things have changed a lot. I took the Yamaha out for a spin and it was a "yeah, that's what I am talkin' about!" moment. turns out to not be that much more weight than the M50, and I can handle a lot of weight. ( LOL I am a good sized guy ) so the extra 75 pounds was not noticeable. Long story short, I am taking delivery of the blue one with 1800 miles Monday. :) Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just went tru this my self bud I will tell the best thing I can say 1300 tourer is the way to go if you want to ride two up and long haul best bike I have ever owned

1 - 7 of 7 Posts