Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buy a suzuki intruder 750. 1988. The bike that i am looking at rides nice no problems. i need help to determine if it truly a intruder 750 and not a 250. i do not know how to tell the difference?
Please help

· Registered
1,223 Posts
Like Louis states, if changes have been made, the only real way to determine what type of bike it is, check the vin number. Once you have the vin number, call your insurance carrier and have them run the vin number.

· Site Admin & Squeegee Boy
4,459 Posts
Jonathan said:
Like Louis states, if changes have been made, the only real way to determine what type of bike it is, check the vin number. Once you have the vin number, call your insurance carrier and have them run the vin number.
Gee I don't know ?

The only real way to differentiate a two cylinder bike from a one cylinder bike is with the VIN ?

Oh, sorry you guy's were doing fine without me !:?

· Registered
10 Posts
I would definitely suggest just checking the # of cylinders, that's a pretty error proof way. You'll be able to tell on the test drive as well, the 250 will be fairly anemic, and be pretty small all around in relation to most other street bikes. How did she feel? You said it rode nice, but did it seem to be pretty strong? A 250 is a great learner bike, but they're pretty slow.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy the bike!

· Registered
1,223 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
Jonathan said:

The only real way to differentiate a two cylinder bike from a one cylinder bike is with the VIN ?
I wasnt saying that, I was saying it would be one of the ways you could do that. By looking at the cylinders, that would help.

Cant we all just play nice? lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.