1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
suzuki intruder VL 125
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all I have a suzuki intruder VL 125 2005
I brought it as a project over winter from a trusted friend
the bike as got to have been standing for around 4 years in all weather with only a tarpaulin covering it as he got it as a bit of a fad
before it stood it used to run and ride well as I had rode it myself
got it park started going threw it and it wouldn't start (which was no shock) drained all the fuel and carb it turns over well I put a new battery on but I have no spark I looked round cleaned all plugs and connectors I put new spark plugs on and ground them on the block turned it over a couple of time and it sparked a few time then stopped I tried a few more time and still have no park I put a new coil on and it did the same sparked a couple of time then stopped again so I'm a little stuck on where to go new I have a feeling it could be the control unit under the seat but I was just wondering if any one had an other ideas of things to check or had the same issue??? sorry for the long post
all advice would be very appreciated

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
Since it was left out in all weather and you live in rainy UK I would be chasing all connectors for corrosion and shorts inc pulling them apart and thourougly cleaning them. Then check all the handlebar switches for the same. Do the same for all fuses...take them out and clean them.... a visual inspection will not suffice.

Any other switches such as a clutch safety and side stand will need to be eliminated. A simple jump across the harness conectors will suffice here.

Make sure all the connectors inside the headlight shell are good.... pull apart and clean. If non of this works it is feaseable to suspect the control unit but be aware swapping it out may turn out to be a costly mistake....if possible get it tested first.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts