Votes: 1 100.0%
  • kind of

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im goin riding with a bunch of buddies on july 26 and i want to impress them by making my bike really fast i have help by my dad who is a retired professional mechanic so he wants me to research this topic i really need help ive already jetted my bike to the apropriate altitude but need ideas i have about $100 to spend on my project... idk i can probably by new reeds or sumthing ... anyways i need help quik so comment on this forum and please feel free to email be at [email protected] thanks a bunch

also i want you to be specific like what reeds you would recommend i already have a pretty nice v-force reed cage but want help on which reeds i should get and if my dad agrees we will get them thank you i reallly apreciate it..!!!

·
Premium Member
11,304 Posts
So much material, so little time. :twisted:

First you could buy a Suzuki :whistle:

Second if you are all on 125 cc bikes I believe the best way to be faster then the rest is to be a better rider then the rest. Speed is usless unless you can control it.

Third the quick fix is to change sprockets gear the bike up for quicker acceleration unless this is a top speed contest then gear it down.

I highly recomend the first option the most. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply but

ummm one more question ...not to brag but ive been riding since i was about 5 or 6 (i started out on a xr 50) and im pretty capable of handling my bike nonetheless u r correct its better to be safe than sorry.. but on the other hand i pretty much have always had excuse me but a sh**** bike and i was always made fun around people who didnt know me but then of course i whooped em in races lol ... any ways i would like to know your opinion on what 5 physical things i could actually do to my CURRENT biike to make it faster (besides jetting )..... and finally i live in California and theres this place out in the desert (not mojave [ its called pozo]) where my buddies and i ride and its got assortments of hill climbs and whoops and jumps (not very many jumps tho) and my other question was what sprocket size do you recommend for riding in most ly sand (how many teeth)? please reply again thanks and youve been very helpful

·
Super Moderator
13,086 Posts
please reply again thanks and youve been very helpful
Your messages would be SO MUCH easier to read if you would use some standard formatting......like caps at the right time......and a little punctuation.
You DID take English in school, right?
There was a reason for that! :shock: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5 Posts
a simple port/polish job with a pipe, reeds and rebuild should be enough to get the most of it, but if it still lacks power maybe its time for a 250? as for gearing on your 125 try 12-50 for more bottom end and 13-50 for top end anythin more will be pretty much useless unless your running wide open straights.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I had a buddy, when I was riding a KE100, who had a CR80. This was the stage when we thought 80's were kid bikes, and the most envied guys were the ones who had the 125s already. The guy on his CR80 smoked all his friends on the 125s because he could handle his bike.

The best way to impress your friends will be to read up on riding techniques, practice, and become a better rider. Since you are already experienced, there will be some information out there on technique that will make you a better rider almost instantly when you try it. Then, when one of your friends starts bragging that he has the fastest bike because he put a pipe, air filter, big bore kit, etc. on his bike, you'll leave him in your roost on your stock bike and make him look like a jack ass.

If you still want to do some mods to your bike, try finding some free mods that you can do. You don't always need to throw money at the bike to make it faster. Removing baffles and spark arrestors (may not be legal) and opening up the airbox with the appropriate jetting can do quite a bit to pep up your bike. ThumperTalk is a good forum for dirt bikes, dual sports, and supermotos if you want to learn more about your bike.

Also, many of the people who read these forums are older and expect more readable posts with better English. Think about who you are writing to; don't phrase posts as if you are talking to your friends or parents; re-read your posts and edit them as if you were writing to a teacher, mentor, etc..

·
Registered
230 Posts
pipes reeds and other bolt on crap won't do much. milling the head for higher compression is a much bigger increase in the entire rpm range. its the only mod mentioned thats under $100 too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts