Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I'm a newbie and need help choosing my first bike. Done the MSF course and I'm stuck between 2 used bikes I saw at a dealership 35 miles where I live. First is a 2005 Suzuki M50 with 17,555 miles on it. Comes with a sissy bar and saddlebags. I really love the color-its black. Its priced at $3,999. Minor wear and tear. The 2nd one is a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 classic. 7,800 miles and priced at $4,199. Candy cardinal red and comes only with a sissy bar. I'm new to riding and definitely looking for a cruiser (its been on my bucket list). Will be using it for commuting to work (30 miles round trip taking the highway), trips around town and the occasional adventure ride (100 miles-yup, short rides...I got small kids).Already sat on both. They feel great. Not much difference to me. But, to be honest, I really love the M50. Really dig the looks. But the miles on it bother me. Might not be a good investment. And I might out grow it in a short time. I like the kawi too...100cc more, bigger gas tank, but the spoke wheels and tubeless tires are a concern. Dont have a lot of cash so I need your advice. Please help me out. Thanks, I really appreciate it. BTW, I'm 5'11" 220lbs. 30" inseam.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Welcome to the conversation. I admittedlyam unfamiliar with the M50 but have some knowledge of the Kawasaki. I rode a ’961500 for four years and have nothing but good memories. In ‘08 a friend rodehis 900 with a group of us to Montana with no difficulty and no lagging behindthe bigger bikes. The two of us went over Beartooth Pass while we were there andhe had no trouble with the mountains or the twisty roads. A good bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in the same boat I'm a new rider and I can't decide between a vulcan 900 custom or a boulevard c90 or m50. Have you decided what you wanted got any advice?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts