Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a newbie and I'm wanting to get a bike hopefully by the end of winter. I'm about 6 ft 3 and weigh around 300 lbs. I'm tore between a V star 950 or the Vulcan 900 custom. They both look like great bikes for bigger guys. I just want to hear from people with experience with the bikes their thought on the better choice for someone of my size. Or if anyone has any other ideas on any bikes because I do not have alot of knowledge about all the different bikes out there. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Clean bike for sale
EXTREMELY bad form with your posts here.
I have deleted the others too.

First, this is not a "drive by" for sale forum.
If you want to post something for sale, become a participating member first.

Then, what bike is it ?
Where is it located ?
What is the asking price ??

If you want to post the full information again, please explain yourself first.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im a newbie and I'm wanting to get a bike hopefully by the end of winter. I'm about 6 ft 3 and weigh around 300 lbs. I'm tore between a V star 950 or the Vulcan 900 custom. They both look like great bikes for bigger guys. I just want to hear from people with experience with the bikes their thought on the better choice for someone of my size. Or if anyone has any other ideas on any bikes because I do not have a lot of knowledge about all the different bikes out there. Thanks!
I was facing the same delima when I bought my last bike 9 years ago. I went to a combo dealer that happened to carry Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki. The V star offered a lot. Floor boards, heel/toe shifter and the one I looked like had a factory shield. The 900 custom had a better look. I hadn't ridden in over 15 years and was sure I really wanted to get back into riding so the salesman told me to hold on, walked away and came back pushing a 08 used Suzuki M50 it was love at first sight. A big plus in my eyes was the shaft drive vs the belt on the other two. I just sold it last Saturday (buying an Indian Scout) to a guy that's 6'4". He said that he fits.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts