Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm new to the motorcycle worworld. I have a 2005 Hyosung gv250. Let's start by it ran perfect at buy. He told me to gas it up cuz it was sitting for a year abd I forgot. The bike stalled. I got gas and jumped it with a car!!!! Got new battery and now it sits idle like a star. If it was a show it would b called American idle. Now I can turn the throttle slightly n it'll run but once I turn it more the bike dies!! Lights still stay on. Please help. Some say the choke may gave popped. I don't know what that means. Most r saying my carbs are fine though.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
:welcomes: to the forums from Arkansas. :cool: If it sat for a year the carbs are probably not fine and very well may be your problem. you might try some berrymans chem tool B-12 in the gas and see if it helps any.:bluethum:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi guys. I'm new to the motorcycle worworld. I have a 2005 Hyosung gv250. Let's start by it ran perfect at buy. He told me to gas it up cuz it was sitting for a year abd I forgot. The bike stalled. I got gas and jumped it with a car!!!! Got new battery and now it sits idle like a star. If it was a show it would b called American idle. Now I can turn the throttle slightly n it'll run but once I turn it more the bike dies!! Lights still stay on. Please help. Some say the choke may gave popped. I don't know what that means. Most r saying my carbs are fine though.
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

I'm no expert on your bike but they pretty much all run the same. And if it has carbs, then pretty likely the jets are plugged up (or so it sounds like). As mentioned you'll want to access the carb jets and spray some carb cleaner in them. And be sure to put new fuel in there! I would also consider adding some fuel additive to help start cleaning up the fuel system some. You may even have some moisture in there already causing part of the problem. I prefer using Seafoam myself because the fuel blends we get here nowadays are horrible and E85. They can literally turn to something resembling varnish after awhile. I run 2 oz per 4 gallons every 3rd tank or so. It surely sounds like it's starving for fuel though.

Take your time and don't be intimidated by your bike. If you can work on a car, you can certainly work on a bike. Take a look around Youtube and see if there are any videos surrounding your bike's maintenance, too. You might be surprised at what you find there.

Good luck

Larry

·
Super Moderator
12,910 Posts
Thanks*! I'll try to clean it out tomorrow
You "clean it out" by putting a double dose of B12 in the gas tank and running it for a while.
Also note that the stock air filter must be properly in place AND that the choke probably needs to be left partly ON until it gets warmed up good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts