Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and bought the brand new 2007 M50. It's Blurple and I love it. The dealer was awesome and even delivered the bike to me (I'm still waiting for Florida to snail mail me an updated license with motorcycle endorsement...).

I've put on the gear and taken it around the neighborhood a few times and I'm wicked impressed. It's light, nimble, newbie-friendly and easy to ride. It must look good too as I've had 3 people comment on it and one ask to come ride with me.

Bear in mind, I only got up to about 35mph (in 40deg dry weather) --- but the only minor complaint I have so far is my foot and the clutch. It just feels a little cramped. It's like I need about 1" lower on the peg for it to be 'right.' I'm sure I'll get used to it or I'll explore iso-wings for more surface.

Because it's going to be my commuter (40mi highway/country roads) to work I'm going to need some storage (military reflective vest, gloves, paperwork, etc). I'm debated saddlebags vs tailbags. I don't have a passenger but am hesitant to put on saddlebag supports if I don't need saddlebags that often.

Input is welcomed on type/size of tailbags for the M50 and/or the pros and cons of saddlebags.

Either way, I'm excited about the bike. Pictures to follow...

Thanks to all,
Adder720

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice choice :bluethum:

I chose saddlebags because I prefer the look. Yes, they are removable and there are mounts.

Here are some pics:

The bags are made by K-Drive.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
I've had saddlebags before & for pure storage space saddlebags are probably the way to go. If for some reason you don't want the look of saddle bags there's an endless amount of tailbags to choose from as well. It all depends on how much room you'll need.

I have a small tailbag http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr261/twistedmfitty/IMG_1031-closeup.jpg I can carry two maps, two pairs of gloves, an extra shirt, cell phone, wallet, sunglasses, a couple tools, camera and still have a little room to spare.

If you need more space you could always add a sissybar and but a larger bag on that. Saddlemen SSR1900 Universal Bike Bag - Motorcycle Superstore

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on the new bike!

This is my Kuryakyn bag on my Triumph, big velcro flap wraps around the backrest. Works the same on my M50.
Easy on easy off and hold lots of stuff.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Congrats and happy/safe riding!

Here are a few pix of my bags- from different angles.

Side view of my garaged M50 - Motorcycle Journal Photo Gallery

and my review of them:
Auburn Leather Company Vinyl Daytona II Chubby Braided Bolt-On Saddlebags (Pair) for Suzuki Boulevard M50

You have a lot more choices than you think you have, especially if mounted with Ghost Brackets or the like.

I would've went with a harder bag (more reinforced) and a bit larger, but these are pretty decent especially for the price. I put them on my bike yesterday just to see how it would feel while riding - I couldn't tell they were on, no noise.

Here's a cool round bag with a backrest attached:
http://www.bikersfriend.com/pages/saddlebag.htm

God speed! :bluethum:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Saddle bags should work great for ya, and you can get ghost brackets or ez brackets so the bags can be easily be removed and no brackets visible

You can also look into touring bags, they work great as well

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great Info

Thanks for all the info and input guys --- I'm continuing research. Sorry for the delay in replies, I've been out of town.

Does anyone have experience with the Tourmaster Cruiser II Slants? Size vs. Bike, Pictures, review, etc?

Thanks so much gents!

- Adder720

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for all the info and input guys --- I'm continuing research. Sorry for the delay in replies, I've been out of town.

Does anyone have experience with the Tourmaster Cruiser II Slants? Size vs. Bike, Pictures, review, etc?

Thanks so much gents!

- Adder720
I have the Tourmaster Cruiser II Box (XL) and am very happy with them. I can get 2 gallons of milk in each bag.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very cool man, thanks for the info! Do you have supports for them?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I can fit rain pants,carhart bibs,2 sweatshirts,1 jacket, gloves, 2 hats, 2 cans of dew,and my carhart coat in this bag.
I love it ,you can also put it on the rear fender with the supplied rubber backed scratch blocker.
CORTECH is the name.
Good stuff!
CS

·
Registered
324 Posts
Very nice! It looks like you have the passenger seat off. Will it work with it on?
Exactly how large is the capacity in liter and dimension?
Thanks! Yes, the bag will fit w/ a passenger seat, perhaps even a bit better as there is more to hold on to.

Exterior dimensions: 14”(L) x 13.5”(W) x 7”(H)
Liters??? i'm not sure. Here is a link w/ additional info and pics to get a better idea.
Viewing Images For Axio Hardpack Tail Bag :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts

1 - 20 of 34 Posts