Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I am Barry Hart.

In the '70's and '80's I was responsible for making gearboxes and engines for road racing for different models, Barry Sheen, Suzuki, Sparton racers (fastest at the TT and winner of the NW200), the Phoenix 4 (winner at the TT), The Silver Dream Racer (David Essex), Joined Armstrong a director of engine development, the Armstrong 350 (winner of British Championships and podiums in MotoGP), Carbon fibre framed CF500, power valves etc. Then after being at the pinnacle of my profession (and rated as the top engine designer outside Japan by a leading journalist) I left the industry for ever.

I have spent some of the last 10 years in my current business (still involved in high performance engines but for Porsche's) providing free advice on numerous Internet Forums where I have gained a reputations for being helpful and without commercial bias or trying to exploit the medium (being always flat out in my business with long lead times and restricted in expanding a business that has the a superb reputation for integrity).

Now semi-retired - I have recently written a book about my life making racing motorcycles (up until I left the industry). This e-book follows the whole story and is authenticated by over 250 press cuttings, photos and charts, including a section at the end revealing technical secrets never before told (and with the imminent end of combustion engines - that may never otherwise have been revealed).

It runs to over 133,000 words and I thought it would be of interest to Motorcycle enthusiasts but it never occurred to me that mentioning how to obtain a copy (with a special discount for this forum) would be regarded as unsolicited Spam - if so it is entirely my fault and I apologise.

So I have edited this first post and I hope it does not contravene your rules now. But I am not used to this situation and frankly not sure at what point I have contravened your rules - so if it still does your moderator is welcome to remove all mention of my book but if that is unacceptable then you are welcome to remove my new membership.

Barry Hart

·
Super Moderator
12,965 Posts
This forum is not allowing the link to be added but it might be able to be obtained by using payhip and the usual web connections and my name Barry Hart.
That is because......even though it is "on topic", it still is SPAM.
One more "strike" earns you a ban.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry didn't even cross my mind.

Please let me know what I can do to inform motorcyclists about probably the biggest, best researched and most informative book about British motorcycle racing that has come out for decades? I cannot afford huge advertising costs as I didn't write it to make money but as a legacy.

Your advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry Hart

·
Super Moderator
12,965 Posts
It is impossible for me or anyone else to know if your stated objective and motivation is what you SAY it is.

I think it is also likely that you over-estimate the value of your work.

The simple fact that you were not already a member in good standing here AND that you are hawking something for sale automatically makes it SPAM and not welcome.

Even your response was self serving.

I should have deleted you in the beginning.
Just stop please.

Another response that includes advertising hype WILL result in a complete deletion.....I promise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Easy Rider - look I am 73 and I am a member of very good standing on every other web site I have ever communicated with and have an untarnished reputations for honesty and integrity and am frankly unused to such abrupt, aggressive and blunt responses which I do not deserve. I am just trying to inform motorcyclists about a book that many would love to read and am not sure how to go about it. Please let me know if I can pay for an advert on your web-site or what else I should do to join all the other posts that mention products and businesses that they promote with impunity.

If however you have some underlying reason to want me and my story off your forum then please say so and I will inform the public some other way.

Barry Hart

·
Super Moderator
12,965 Posts
Hi Easy Rider - look I am 73 and I am a member of very good standing on every other web site I have ever communicated with
You need to try and understand this from my/our perspective.

EVERY spammer/scammer that comes here has a good sounding story......which of course is just a bunch of LIES.
We have NO WAY to tell that your story is truthful and legitimate.

But yes, if you want you can communicate with the owners here and "register" as a vendor you can certainly do that.

You could also actually participate in some general discussions here and establish a reputation.
But even members in good standing are not allowed to promote commercial ventures without getting "vendor" status.

Your initial post will remain......unless you feel the need to "stir the pot" further.
Additional commercial promotions will NOT be allowed without vendor status though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
You need to try and understand this from my/our perspective.

EVERY spammer/scammer that comes here has a good sounding story......which of course is just a bunch of LIES.
We have NO WAY to tell that your story is truthful and legitimate.

But yes, if you want you can communicate with the owners here and "register" as a vendor you can certainly do that.

You could also actually participate in some general discussions here and establish a reputation.
But even members in good standing are not allowed to promote commercial ventures without getting "vendor" status.

Your initial post will remain......unless you feel the need to "stir the pot" further.
Additional commercial promotions will NOT be allowed without vendor status though.
Wow I really didn't realise it was such a problem - sorry - but I am the one legitimate "scammer" you will find then - shame I have to be regarded as a liar - but I appreciate your dilemma.

Would you allow me to send you a free copy of my book (just need a web address) from which - even though it is a big book with over 133,000 words - a very quick flip through it will find reproductions of editorials and reports (sanned from what are obviously original press reports, cuttings and pictures) that fully authenticate everything I am claiming, you could also download the David Essex film "Silver Dream Racer" and find my name on the credits for making it, although recent reports in Classic Bike, Classic racer and Motorcycle News refer both to me, my bikes and my achievements. I understand why you have to adopt your position but at least then you will at least see that what I was trying to do was completely legitimate and honest - for yourself and then perhaps you might just find a way to advise me how to inform your readers about it without contravening any of your rules.

You might also like to download my current business information www.hartech.org or read what others think about me "Baz" on 911.uk, pistonheads and renlist forums.

What do I need to do to achieve vendor status (would that help).

I have no desire to make trouble for anyone and will only communicate with the owners if you think it will help you with my predicament.

Sorry what I thought was a simple process in the interests of your readers has provided you with such a lot of problems.

Baz

·
Super Moderator
12,965 Posts
What do I need to do to achieve vendor status (would that help).

I have no desire to make trouble for anyone and will only communicate with the owners if you think it will help you with my predicament.

Sorry what I thought was a simple process in the interests of your readers has provided you with such a lot of problems.
I don't know what is involved with becoming an "approved" vendor but I suspect that ponying up some cash for a "subscription" to the board is involved.

Before the software was changed, the link to do that was easy to find; maybe not so any more.
If you can't find it, let me know and I will try to help.

No hard feelings. It happens with some regularity.
Most end up being banned because they can't understand and want to continue to argue about it.........even if they are completely legit.

And lastly, if this is the only "product" that you intend to offer, this thread will remain so I'm not sure any further action on your part is really necessary.

However.......continuing to post long replies that amount to defenses to your position might make me reconsider letting it stay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know what is involved with becoming an "approved" vendor but I suspect that ponying up some cash for a "subscription" to the board is involved.

Before the software was changed, the link to do that was easy to find; maybe not so any more.
If you can't find it, let me know and I will try to help.

No hard feelings. It happens with some regularity.
Most end up being banned because they can't understand and want to continue to argue about it.........even if they are completely legit.

And lastly, if this is the only "product" that you intend to offer, this thread will remain so I'm not sure any further action on your part is really necessary.

However.......continuing to post long replies that amount to defenses to your position might make me reconsider letting it stay.
Hello EasyRider, I just came across this communication. It seems to me, that you are not aware who "BazHart" is. Trust me, he is a motorcycle celebrity and I hope, you dont want to kick him off the forum. Maybe you want to google "Sparton" ; Barton Phoenix" , "Buell RW750" , "Silver Dream Racer" etc. And I can strongly recommend this book as a fantastic read.

·
Super Moderator
12,965 Posts
Hello EasyRider, I just came across this communication. It seems to me, that you are not aware who "BazHart" is.
Yes you are right.

There is no way that I can be aware of all the "social media" celebrities out there.
His post stayed so no harm done.

YOU might want to read my responses again........and try to appreciate the position of the operators of forums like this one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts