Motorcycle Forum banner

New Guy here.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Easy Rider 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone.

My name is Al Beix (pronounces Bikes) I live in Kaslo, BC on Kootenay lake about an hour north of Nelson in BC's southern interior.

I am a 74 Yr old returning rider having not ridden for 30 + years. Up to the point where I stopped riding I had ridden for 25 years and in my last year put 20,000 Miles on my 1984 Aspencade. I have a FB group entitled "Geezer on a Wheezer" that I started with the intent of documenting my journey to re-establishing my "Sea legs" this includes both successes and "Learning Opportunities". The point of the group is to perhaps inspire other older former riders to take up the reins (Handle Bars) again.

My motivation for joining this forum is the 1980 CB 900 I picked up today for $350. The Bike is in desperate need of tlc and some new parts but as seen in photo below is pretty much complete. What are good sources for parts for these bikes? Any in Canada?

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome, Al.
I too am 74 and rode almost continuously since I was about 18.
I recently "graduated" to a 3 wheel Spyder because I found I couldn't handle 2 wheels anymore at slow speeds or standing still.

Note: Please post your questions in only ONE sub-forum here.
Splitting up the discussion just tends to be confusing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.