Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you all probably here this often but I just purchased a 2007 Suzuki GS500f starts perfectly fine however the previous owner had no idea about basic bike maintenance. The bike had about 10k miles currently, what are some basic Prevenative maintenance work I can do without having to take it in to the shop? And also I am using this bike as reliable transportation so I can't afford for it to be down. As a new bike owner before I get excited to ride what are some of the first things I should do to ensure my bike is ready and reliable.

·
Super Moderator
13,450 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Check the air in the tires.
And if the tires still are the original ones start shopping for new ones.

You can go a bit past the 5 year replacement recommendation sometimes but 8-9 years is too much.

Then......in another year or so you should consider doing things like changing the brake fluid (and clutch if hydraulic), inspecting the wheel bearings, etc.
Probably should have the valves checked too. If you have done none of that before it might be better to let a shop take care of it.

If you don't have an owners manual, get one from a dealer. Probably less than $15.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.