Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Tom (Beezer) here. 57 year old Grandfather.
Ridden, wrenching and building bikes since 1968. Bought the VTX last summer. It's the latest in a long list of bikes. Appreciate being allowed to visit and glean some information. I'll offer some when I think I know what I'm talking about, otherwise I'll sit down and shut up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aloraptor we may be neighbors soon if things turn out the way I plan. Not really neighbors but it's in my plans to move to Northwest Ark or North Central. Texas don't allow home built Volkswagen trikes any more. 57 years in one state is enough, isn't it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The director of DMV just woke up one morning and decided he didn't like vehicles with home made frames. It's not even a law. Just one man's direction makes all home built trikes illegal in Texas. No grandfathering, no renewals, no new titles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AloRaptor there is of course, but it requires money and lawyers and a coordinated effort from BTW and others who are concerned. There is a lawsuit pending, but it's very difficult to fight a thing like this. I'm getting really tired of Texas after 57 years here. I've always really wanted to live in Arkansas. I've been looking for several months. Somewhere far away from traffic and congestion, 20 miles from the nearest town. Somewhere remote with a workshop and my welders, machinery and toys. Let the rest of the world do it's thing and leave me the hell alone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you IBTJn. I was in Portland in the 70's on business. On the weekend I drove a rented car around Mt. Hood and all around the area. I was so impressed with the beauty of that region. I've always had a desire to go back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sunny San Diego here. Welcome. I'm just like you, had bikes all my life, built choppers, restored old bikes, just can't get it out of my blood. Bought an '02 1800 last week. Been cleaning it up mostly. The dolt who owned it before me washed it with water, just like a car, and there is rust and corrosion everywhere, so I'm gonna be busy removing all that for quite some time. Being retired, though, it gives me something to do as my other 3 bikes are sterile and require nothing but my rapidly disappearing gluts.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome to the forum. With all that experience in 57 years, I'm sure you know more than me, at the very least ... :mrgreen:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts