Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. I sold my last bike, a Suzuki Volusia 800 cc, about three years ago and decided I would not replace it. This year I spotted a deal on a 2008 Yamaha Stratoliner - I loved the lines - and I am back in the saddle. The difference between the two bikes is significant and in some ways I feel like I am learning to ride all over again. Much more power. A lot more bulk. Certainly a smoother ride. This is certainly not a 'nimble' bike. But for getting out and cruising, d*mn!

It was pretty much stock when I picked it up and I have already added a few items. Kuryakyn rear boards, DEI Heat Shields on the pipes to redirect some of the BTUs away from feet and legs, Mustang Wide Touring seats, a customized Hopnel Tank Bib (since nobody seems to make a full-length bib for this model, Punisher air-valve caps (not sure that qualifies as an official mod but I have them on my car as well), Gremlin Bell, and coming soon: Jardine Highway Bars, pull-back risers, and I have GOT to get a shorter windshield.

I'm here to hang out, ask some questions and maybe answer a few, and meet folks particularly if anyone in the Houston area gets together for rides.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts