Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I reside in Nz,been a bike rider all my life.
After some info,brought a 2005 gsx750f with 70k on it for something to do a little rough but was a runner till it was skidded down the road by previous owner,just rightside ignition cover was damaged ,owner told me it wont start but I'm not confident in the way they were describing there procedure to me .ie holding positive to battery, go figure any tips or things I should be looking for before I try to start.
All ideas appreciated.

·
Administrator
69 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD the site, and...

Are you saying the battery cables, both, are currently disconnected or just the positive but the negative, earth/ground is connected?

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Pics would help...I wonder if this model has a tip over switch....usually under the seat. You should also find the dealer plug under there...typically a Suzuki one will have two wires running to a connector with a rubber cover over the end. Simply jump the two wires with a paper clip to enter dealer mode. Any codes can be checked.... if you don't have a manual often specific forums list them.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi.
Can't see a tip over switch, tried starting bike.turns over ,but no spark.any thoughts on where to start next.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Check there is voltage to the coils. If this bike has an ignitor check it as it is this that sends a signal to the coils to fire. Check the cables for connection both the coil ends and plug cap ends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers will do ,pulled the signal generator out and there's damage to it,the signal pickup spacer which is a magnet is badly fractured so I'm quessing it's out of alignment and the rotor has a few nicks and wear marks, will try and source one .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts