Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is mark and in fl I just bought a 1997 vz800 marauder that don't start I can do most things mechanically but not a electric person I have replaced main solenoid, battery, start button, fuses, ignition switch, I get lights on dash but I do not hear anything else I can direct bypass solenoid but just turns over no start when you hit start button nothing not even starter relay clicks, and I don't hear or feel fuel pump the clutch switch and kickstand switch wiring is gone not even a hint of wiring please help

· Super Moderator
14,063 Posts
the clutch switch and kickstand switch wiring is gone not even a hint of wiring please help
You have no business trying to fix things like this IF.......you are going to overlook the obvious and easy and instead spend a crap load of money on stuff that it doesn't need.
It certainly will not start if the clutch switch isn't right.
And won't continue to run when in gear without the sidestand one.

Have you ever checked the KILL switch to see if it is in the right position ??
And what about the neutral switch ??

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well like I said the in the clutch handle the switch is there but there is no wiring to the switch nor is there a lead same with the kick stand switch it has been removed and I can't even find a lead for it off the harness the neutral light is lit when ignition is on bike moves freely so it is in neutral the junk man offered $50 buck and I have $800 in it so I am trying to fix the only thing I can think of is either getting a new harness or part it out of I can't fix

· Registered
7,351 Posts
A wiring diagram is needed then you can track down where the safety switch wiring is meant to go. Once that is done using any wire you have lying around jump the terminals and see if you get any power to the ignition....one at a time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts