Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love the bike, my first cruiser.

I now totally get why people like vtwin cruisers. However there is not a lot of information regarding these bikes since its fairly new. Even though the motor shares with the m90 I cannot locate a copy of the service manual anywhere and info about the bike is slim.

I did have a question. The dealer said the valves are self adjusting (hydraulic) but I cannot confirm this anywhere for this generation. Anyone know?

Previous bikes:

09 - Versys 650
13 - Concours 14 ABS
14 - DRZ400sm
13 - Zx14R

I really like the tractorish torque of the C90, it turns in quick for 750lbs as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Go to Bike Bandit.com and punch in your year and model.Then it'll show you a list of each part part or system of the bike you're looking for.Then click on that info and an exploded view of what you're looking for will appear,with a list next to it explaining what each component is.That will get ya goin in the right direction.That's what I do when I'm working on an unfamilar make and model machine.And it has helped me.So check it out.In my search for info on the C90,which is what I'm lookin at,that's exactly what I did and the Bike Bandit website did explain that the lifters don't have an adjustment on the rocker arm,indicating that the lifters are hydraulic and require no adjustment.Dave!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dave is right. I've already used bikebandit.com a couple of times. I also like to use Suzuki Parts House: Buy OEM Suzuki Parts & Accessories as you can get oem part numbers as well as the same diagrams as bikebandit.com, who use their own stock numbers.
As for the service manual, just google VL1500BT service manual. You can order one for about 40 bucks.
Also, I found an online version when I was trying to find my flash relay. MANUAL LIST
Hope it helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently bought a 2013 C90T BOSS myself. I also bought a service manual. It show how to adjust the valves and the owner's manual calls for a check every 14,500 so I'm thinking not hydraulic.

Dirty

·
Registered
34 Posts
Please review the earlier comments about the black exhaust pipes - they are peeling on the C90T. Please make sure your dealer inspects this before the warranty runs out. Mine are peeling badly - also say a video from another guy - his is peeling in the same place.

Look at this video - time 4:17 - mine is peeling in the exactly same place.

[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts