Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's pics of the exhaust and the new tail light...they are the last four or five pics...http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/mvpmlb2b01

Let me know what you think...Im gonna ride all night tonight with a bunch of guys...be safe this weekend!

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
87gsxrnut said:
Pipe is a pipe is a pipe is a pipe.

:wink:

- Nut
dont think ive seen any yellow/black pipes running around here so I'm set off...and it sounds GREAT. Its throaty in the low rpm's and it whines up high. Two brothers seems a bit loud, plus the options with micron are endless!

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
svhooligan said:
It does look nice, but what about performance?
after i get my air filter in im gonna go get it dyno'd and the fuel remapped. I'll know then. I was keeping up with an R1 last night though.

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actually I ride with a guy on a 600 who has been riding for nearly 20 yrs. He is a true motorcycle gearhead and he and I were talking about cheap mods. Getting a can and air filter are very simple but they change the flow characteristics and a different ratio of fuel is needed. Therefore take it to a shop and they can hook it straight up to the ECU and reprogram the fuel map. They give you a dyno chart with it. And yes I do need as much power as I can get, thank you! :D

· Registered
37 Posts
sweet bike man.. im lovin that black to yellow. i just bought the black/blue micron can.. shipping as we speak. i like the undertail except for those lights... are those just the stock lights on a different mount?

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeh...I've got a different tailight on now...its the clear one. But I haven't tied it into the turn signals yet. It is an integrated tailight with yellow turn LED's, but I have to splice the wiring into my stock system and I haven't had the time to do it. Until then I have to leave the stock ones on.

G

·
ncice! im suprised i havent posted in this yet. i thought i did. i never saw a bike with a colored can oin there before. it looks orignial and spiffy to me.

· Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks SOAD. me either which is why I went for it. I think it sets the whole bike off. That was the biggest piece that wasn't either black or yellow. It sounds great too. I'll try and post a sound clip tomorrow. :D

· Registered
119 Posts
Sweet looking rig man. When I compared the photos of your bike with the factory muffler alongside your new setup I thought "Wow, what a difference." 8)

Z'ok by me if you did it for more power, but I would have done it if only for the looks 'cause it looks real nice. Heck, if yer on a track and able to use every lb-ft of torque and every pony that bike puts out STOCK then I need to bow down to you. If yer on the street and trying to wring her out... well, I hope ya live long enough and without a boyfriend/cellmate named Bubba long enough to mature. :oops:

That said, I have nothing against wretched excess... I LOVE having more than I can use, in many aspects of life. :wink:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.