Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wanted to alert you to a new MC touring resource: GPS Motorcycle Rides | SundayMorningRides.com

SMR is a completely free resource...no logins, no gimmicks, unlimited downloads, and it features an innovative mapping system that can be embeded into forums like this or your personal pages...it's designed by riders to solve one problem..."Where do I find REAL MOTORCYCLE routes, REAL media content, REALLY fast?" We've received an incredible response thus far, and we're doing our best to keep pushing our technologies and to mate it with useful content.

Since we are still in beta, we'd absolutely love your feedback on how to make SMR better! Hope you enjoy the site and that it becomes a valued resource for you all.

Feel free to ask me any questions, suggest new rides, or just chat. And if any of you are in the San Diego area...by all means pipe up..would enjoy riding w/ you.

Enjoy,

Steve
'02 Ducati Monster 620ie Dark
'07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS (on the way...)

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Yeah, but really relevant spam. I'm going to look into it.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Well, I absolutely love SMR. It's ideal for riders like me, and the interface is fantastic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone

Thank you all for the positive feedback! As a member of many forums I am also weary of spam, so I'm glad you were all willing to take a bit of a leap and look at the site. I truly hope it becomes a valued resource for you all. Happy to answer any questions and would love to hear any suggestions on how to better meet your needs.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
upload question

So yes...we're happy to accept uploads of any of the file formats used by the major GPS manufacturers. We can process them all. We do prefer .gpx only in that we are hoping to promote open standards, but it is not a requirement. The only effect of uploading a non .gpx file is that you will not see an instant preview of the ride in the map. You'll have to wait until we integrate the file to see how it will look.

Thanks for the excellent question.

-Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
one more thing...

More importantly...whenever possible try to upload "track" and "waypoint" information rather than simply "routes." Tracks being a breadcrumb trail of the ride. Routes are useful for GPS units that calculate the optimum direction to go between multiple points, but they are often too coarse to reflect the precise intent of a ride. When we receive just route information, we often have to ask the submitter to also provide detailed instructions of where they went as there could be multiple possible paths connecting a single set of route points. Hope this is helpful...

-Steve

·
Registered
101 Posts
upload question

Thats good info to note, Thanks steve. As soon as I figure out how to transfer the files to my comp I will upload them:lol4: I hope it will work with Garmin GPS systems cause thats what I have, but it is a few years old so I may have problems with getting them uploaded, But I will try......Bonesnews.....

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Hey Great job, looking forward to trying it out

·
Registered
131 Posts
trafficdan said:
OK thanks for being the guinea pigs. I am always leary of sites posted as post #1. Worried some sort of trojan is hidden and going to bring my computer to a halt.
Dont worry Trojans kept me safe for years:party2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi All,

In the spirit of MotoGP, SBK, and AMA racing seasons (and as a treat to our users), we've added a new site feature that maps the world's race tracks and allows you to mark those tracks with waypoints of your favorite race pics (and download the associated gpx file of course). This isn't the most useful thing we've done in a while, but its pretty fun!

Enjoy.

GPS Motorcycle Roads | Race Tracks and Circuits | SundayMorningRides.com

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
I accept with information:SMR is a completely free resource no logins, no gimmicks, unlimited downloads, and it features an innovative mapping system that can be embeded into forums like this or your personal pages, it's designed by riders to solve one problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts