Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a strange 6 weeks. My wife had been talking about getting a scooter for years, so for her birthday, I bought her a Kymco Like 200i. Being classified as a motorcycle in TX, we took the MSF course and got our motorcycle licenses. A few days later, I was the proud owner of a 2006 Boulevard M50. A few days after that, my wife became the owner of a 2015 HD Street 750.

I've put about 400 miles in the saddle, working on skills and now working on my bike.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a difference the two years have made since I made since I put in this post.

My youngest son (24 yo) got his license last year and has inherited my 2006 M50. I picked up a new 2017 Indian Springfield last May and bought my wife a 2018 H-D Heritage Classic in November as a Christmas present. We have not sold her Street yet, so, there are now four motorcycles in the garage. We haven't made any road trips yet, but I do have over 4000 miles in the saddle. I have ridden in the blazing Texas sun, sleet and heavy downpours complete with street flooding. I have ridden in actual temps ranging from 35F to 100F. I attended my first motorcycle rally last November (Lone Star Rally) and will go back. I am looking at my first road trip from Houston to Ft. Smith (~500 miles) in September.

As a continuous student, I am still learning everything I can about riding and working on bikes. I love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts