Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I bought a magnetic tank bag for my 2005 C50T on Ebay for $44 including shipping, attached are pics. It's black and made of lambskin and smaller than most tank bags as I didn't want a big backpack-sized bag in front of me. It's a perfect size for storing small items and in my opinion, does not ruin the lines of the bike. The magnets are on the far left and far right flaps of the bag and about the size of a quarter, small in size but quite strong, I hope the magnets will be far enough from a digital camera in the center pocket to not affect the memory. I placed the bag just below the 2 buttons on the speedometer, fits perfectly and my legs don't even come close to touching the bag. When detached from the tank, there are 2 loops in the back to hook to a belt (I doubt I'll wear it though). There are 4 pockets total, 2 velcro pockets on each side, 1 main zippered pocket in center, and a center see-through zippered pocket, perfect for my cell phone, which I use as a GPS and MP3 player too. I'll use the other pockets for sunglasses, garage opener, toll-pass transponder, etc.

·
Right Clicker
5,637 Posts
Looks great and smaller than what I went with.

·
Registered
128 Posts
looks good. not sure if i am a fan of the tankbag on a cruiser though. on a sportbike, cool..........cruiser still up in the air

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been great to carry small stuff in the tank bag instead of on my person, and more accessible than storing stuff in the saddle bags. I plan to get some sort of layering under the tank bag to prevent scratching the tank.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What kind of small stuff are you talking about? I bought one of those windshield baggies for my C50T and it works great for garage door opener, and maybe a pair of glasses. It is well out of my field of vision when I'm riding.

You guys talking about holding more than that or what? I guess I never even thought of a tank bag. The idea sounds cool but I'm not sure I like the look. But hey different strokes for different folks...right!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
small stuff

Davy, here's what I keep in the tank bag:
garage opener
toll pass transponder
sunglasses
digital camera (sometimes)
house keys (sometimes)
cell phone (sometimes)
GPS receiver for cell phone (sometimes)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I did not think tank bags on a cruiser was for me until I met the Cortech super mini magnetic, works on the dual sport, the beemer, and the C-50. It is cordura, not leather, but I like everything it carries and how easy it is to take all your important stuff with you when I park the bike. I have not even left it in a restaurant yet! But I am definantly a fan of tank bags. Hell, I'm not going to win any fashion awards anyway, so comfort is what matters and the small tank bags sure adds to my overall comfort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I bought a magnetic tank bag for my 2005 C50T on Ebay for $44 including shipping, attached are pics. It's black and made of lambskin and smaller than most tank bags as I didn't want a big backpack-sized bag in front of me. It's a perfect size for storing small items and in my opinion, does not ruin the lines of the bike. The magnets are on the far left and far right flaps of the bag and about the size of a quarter, small in size but quite strong, I hope the magnets will be far enough from a digital camera in the center pocket to not affect the memory. I placed the bag just below the 2 buttons on the speedometer, fits perfectly and my legs don't even come close to touching the bag. When detached from the tank, there are 2 loops in the back to hook to a belt (I doubt I'll wear it though). There are 4 pockets total, 2 velcro pockets on each side, 1 main zippered pocket in center, and a center see-through zippered pocket, perfect for my cell phone, which I use as a GPS and MP3 player too. I'll use the other pockets for sunglasses, garage opener, toll-pass transponder, etc.
I can’t see the photos...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts