Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki Boulevard C50T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in May, I bought a Boulevard C50T. I have had a couple of thousand miles of truly enjoyment riding, without a single issue. But I will now be selling her since I came across a heck of a deal on a 2007 Boulevard C90 with only 2890 miles. I got it home last night around 10:00, and only had a few minutes after work today to give a quick once over with a rag. I really look forward to putting her on the road this weekend once I’ve been to the Sec of State and get it licensed. It came with a factory windshield that I need to install yet.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive lighting

·
Registered
Suzuki Boulevard C50T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I finally got plates on the bike, and got the windshield installed. So off I went on just a short ride late this afternoon (30 miles). Holy mackerel, this is one heck of a bike. I LOVE it.

·
Registered
Suzuki Boulevard C50T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am really bummed right now. The pitfall of a 2007 bike with still original tires has manifested itself. The front tire has way to much weather checking for me to feel safe to ride it. So...new tires ordered, but not here yet, so no nice ride this weekend with forecasted beautiful weather😭

·
Registered
Suzuki Boulevard C50T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally got the new tires on. Last Friday, I had taken a short ride on the severely weather checked front tire, just to try to get a little enjoyment. That proved to be futile, since every little wiggle had me convinced that the front tire was coming apart. But now it’s got the new shoes, and I took it for a quick 20 mile ride. I loved it. I would have gone on a longer ride but I have a meeting to go to. I’ll try to attach a new photo with the windshield installed now. Hopefully I’ll have some good weather this weekend for a good ride.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
Suzuki Boulevard C50T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m afraid that today I have taken my last ride on the new to me bike for this season. We had pretty crummy weather for the last several weeks until today...62 degrees and sunny. But it’s not going to last. By next weekend we’ll be back in the 40’s. I put about 90 miles on today, and just over 350 miles since I got it 5 weeks ago. So far, I’m averaging 45 mpg. So no complaints on the mileage. I’ve basically put her to bed, all tucked away in the front of the garage and covered. I also have the trickle charger right there ready to be plugged in.

·
Super Moderator
13,450 Posts
I also have the trickle charger right there ready to be plugged in.
I REALLY hope it is not actually a cheap "trickle charger" but a smart tender type automatic battery maintainer.
If it really is a battery tender, there is no reason that it can't be connected NOW and just left on until you can ride it again.

If it actually is a trickle charger.......you should throw it away.

·
Registered
Suzuki Boulevard C50T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forgive me for mis speaking, the trickle charger I mentioned is actually a good quality charger and maintainer. It’s a Black and Decker Vector unit. So it will do the job nicely. But I won’t just leave it hooked up and plugged in. If you’ve ever been thru the fun of an electrical fire and it’s devastation, you’ll understand why I don’t leave appliances plugged in unattended.

·
Super Moderator
13,450 Posts
you’ll understand why I don’t leave appliances plugged in unattended.
I understand that is a symptom of paranoia. :oops:

All over the country (and around the world) there are BILLIONS of things that are plugged in and running 24/7/365 and only a tiny fraction of them are involved in electrical fires. And most of those times, it is because the owner did something stupid that was the real cause.

But you absolutely should do whatever makes you comfortable.

·
Registered
Suzuki Boulevard C50T
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I’m very likely paranoid LOL. But, I’m A-ok with that. It works for me just being “Cautious” :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts