Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gsxr 1000 w 18000 mls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found out one of the ignition wires to the ECU has to be 8 volts and all mine were pushing 12 so I bought a ignition eliminator that bypassed the ignition and bam I hit the button and it fired right up worked great for three days and on the third day it was running and then it acted like it was running out of gas and it continued to puter out and die then it will not start back up . I bought another ecu and had my fingers crossed hooked it up and nothing some reason I'm not getting spark
So my r1 that I put 250000 miles on was stolen I am going nuts not being able to ride if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them .the bike only has 18000 miles on it and it ran beautiful for three days I am so close to disecting this and selling it on eBay.

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
Have you checked the battery, main cables and the charging voltage when running ?
If not, you should.

Sounds to me like you need a shop visit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I'm gonna get a tech manual an see what I can figure out .. it's something like a relay or sensor . Thanks for the input and my location is Washington state just north of Seattle.. Thanks again. Also I'm kinda resisting the dealer . Because I got the bike for a crazy price I ran the vin numbers and it's not stolen . It's never been wrecked it's value is about 8000 and I bought it for 1000 well I gave hime 500 and he said that was enough. I was really bummed about my bike being stolen and he didn't have any interest in the bike . . Anyway . I have to take it to the state patrol to get it inspected as an abandon vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
Well it sounds to me like you really don't have a clue as to what the problem IS.......and neither did the guy you bought it from.......and that's part of why you got it so cheap.
AND just because it doesn't show up on a quick "stolen search" doesn't necessarily mean that it really isn't and just not reported.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't imagine anyone not reporting this bike stolen it is in mint shape with low miles .but then I didn't go sign the report to make mine official. And I had 250000 miles on a 02 r1 that I was so hard on that machine . I just want to be able to get a new plate so I can ride the gixer. Sounds like I'll just ebay it away .then buy another bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts