Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, New to the forum. I just found it while trying to look for a resolution to an issue I am having with my 2009 GZ250. It had been setting for a long time. I got a new battery, Drained the old gas, did an oil and filter change. I got it to run but I could not put any throttle to it with out it dying. It would idle. I pulled the Carb and cleaned it. The choke cable broke on me so for now till the new one gets here I have put in the Pin and spring to keep the Choke off. I can crank it but it has a very slow idle. If I apply just a little gas it cuts off. If I remove the air filter and spray some starter fluid into the throat of the carb it cuts off. If I hammer down on the throttle it sputters a lot then finally starts revving up. As long as I keep 3/4 to full throttle I can get it to run under throttle. If I let go it goes back to a slow idle. Anywhere in between and it dies. Throttle response is also very slow. Thanks in advance for any information or clues you can provide.

·
Super Moderator
14,037 Posts
Can't do much until the choke is fixed, probably.

You need to be sure that it has a stock air filter on it and no intake leaks between there and the carb.

Then you need to put some Berrymans B12 Chemtool in the gas and run it a few times long enough to get it warmed up.
That is where you need a working choke.

Even when working perfectly, the little buggers run VERY lean on the low end.
The idle passages in the carb are next to impossible to clean by hand.

I had one for a few years and it was a good little bike.

If you search this forum for GZ250" or "GZ 250" you likely will find some of my old threads about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got my Berrymans dip and my choke cable. I will soak the carb parts for a few days and replace the cable and hopefully that will take care of it. I will also check for vacuum leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts