Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, newbie here. I just bought an 800 S50. It has a sissy bar that I want to remove but it looks like there is a lot of stuff that I will have to take off to do so. Is there an easy way for me to do this on my own?

Also, I was given 2 keys. The one for the gas tank and ignition I know. But, there is a smaller one that I cannot find what it goes to. I have looked all over the bike and nothing. Can someone tell me what this is?

Thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
12,597 Posts
Removing the seat on an S50 is a huge pain in the butt.
HUGE.

It is a little easier to see what is going on if you remove the small side covers first.......but they are designed to be removed AFTER the seat is.
I had an S50 for a couple of years. Most frustrating bike I've ever owned......and there have been a LOT of them.

Visiting a dealer or independent shop might be your best bet for both questions.
The second key may be for a lock that is no longer present.......like a helmet lock.
You really should get a spare ignition key ASAP because the cost is great if you lose the last one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Easy Rider for your reply. I was thinking I may end up having a professional do this for me. And yes, I was planning on getting another key made. I have been in the position of losing one in the past and having to get a locksmith involved. Expensive mistake. 😁

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, newbie here. I just bought an 800 S50. It has a sissy bar that I want to remove but it looks like there is a lot of stuff that I will have to take off to do so. Is there an easy way for me to do this on my own?

Also, I was given 2 keys. The one for the gas tank and ignition I know. But, there is a smaller one that I cannot find what it goes to. I have looked all over the bike and nothing. Can someone tell me what this is?

Thank you in advance!
It might be for the helmet lock.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thank you in advance!
The small key is for the steering lock on the right side (when sitting on), behind the headlight on the frame, in front of the fake gas tank...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,597 Posts
The small key is for the steering lock on the right side (when sitting on), behind the headlight on the frame, in front of the fake gas tank...
Could be.
BUT.....the S50 model bears virtually NO resemblance to any of the other X50 models.
Does it really have that same lock ? I don't really remember.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts