Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am a new rider, I have had my license for about 3 years but only have owned my bike for 1 year. My problem is I just moved to the Seattle Washington area and my bike is down. :-(. I do pretty much everything myself but in Cali I had someone to call on when I was stuck on a problem. I just had my bike delivered and I didn't take the battery out before shipping... I know bad juju but I had not choice. Time restraints kept me from performing what I know to do. Well I had to buy a new battery and change it, which is a pain in the u know what on this type of bike, but I had performed the task before so no biggie, at least that's what I thought. I the positive cable cord and the brass connection on the end of the cord came apart. It seems like I just get another metal piece for it or replace the cord. Again I am in anew city and have no idea where to find the parts for a 86 intruder in this area. If anyone knows the area and could help. Please do!!!! Also I would love to hook up with a bike club in the area. It would give me a great chance to hook up with fellow lovers of bikes and meet new people. Thanks IntruderChicke 86

·
Super Moderator
12,831 Posts
Again I am in anew city and have no idea where to find the parts for a 86 intruder in this area.
Welcome to the fourm.

At the risk of stating the obvious, I think you should start with any Zuki dealers in the area first.
And if your battery is as tight as it is on my VS800, i suggest you replace the whole cable and not just the end.
If the dealers can't help, then there are salvage yards; sometimes the dealers can refer you.

And I know that you just love your Intruder.......but let's be honest here.......it is a 25 year old bike and ongoing maintenance will likely be a bigger problem as time goes along. Maybe it is time to consider a trade.

If I was closer, I'd make you a deal on an '06 model; they decided to call them Boulevards somewhere along the line for some strange reason.

Good luck. Hopefully there is somebody on here that is close to you.......but I can't think of anybody right off hand except Annie......and even she is a ways away, I think.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Welcome both to this site and to the Seattle area. I grew up there and am now in Tacoma. I would recommend aurora Suzuki to help you out. I've bought three bikes from those guys and their shop is great. Give them a call and let them know what you need.

Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys so much. I appreciate the help. I know I may need to trade or sell this bike but it's my baby, my first bike and I love it so much. It's not to much for me to handle and it's just the right size plus the big point it's paid for. No note!!! That's what I like the most so trading it in would be expensive for me. I don't know maybe in the near future but for right now my baby is here to stay. Joe if you know the area maybe you could show me some great places to ride and meet new people. Thanks again bye.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Also I would love to hook up with a bike club in the area. It would give me a great chance to hook up with fellow lovers of bikes and meet new people. Thanks IntruderChicke 86
There's lots of local riders here..... PNW Riders - Pacific Northwest Motorcycle Riders
I don't go to that forum much due to the many Harley haters (lots of sport squids) there despite it supposedly being an all makes forum but I'm sure you'll find some folks to hook up and ride with there.
I have met and ridden with some good people from PAC NW riders as well as this forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts