Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 30 years since I put over 70k miles on a Kawasaki 750 Four - I rode everywhere, almost every day - it was my only transport! About a day away from buying a gently ridden (10k miles) 2005 C50t. Loved the big bike feel and middleweight weight. Do I really need more than 800cc after all? Will post pics of the bike when it's in my garage. Appears to be stock - except it does have fender bumpers and a passing light bar. Think rest is 100% stock. First things will be all fluids and most hoses replaced. Second will be better lighting all the way around. Safe riding, y'all!

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
Welcome.

I think 800 is plenty for most people.
My 900 Vulcan certainly was plenty for me.

(Note: Please put your posts in only ONE sub-forum. There isn't a lot of traffic here and most users see everything regardless of where it is put. I deleted your other one.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
i
It's been 30 years since I put over 70k miles on a Kawasaki 750 Four - I rode everywhere, almost every day - it was my only transport! About a day away from buying a gently ridden (10k miles) 2005 C50t. Loved the big bike feel and middleweight weight. Do I really need more than 800cc after all? Will post pics of the bike when it's in my garage. Appears to be stock - except it does have fender bumpers and a passing light bar. Think rest is 100% stock. First things will be all fluids and most hoses replaced. Second will be better lighting all the way around. Safe riding, y'all!
I have an 08 C90T. Traded in an 02 Marauder 800 for it. I ride with a group on weekends, one guy has the C50 and likes it. I do know one guy had a C90 and actually traded for the C50. Said it handled better. As far as my C90T goes, seldom turn a wrench on it except usual maintenance, have 14k miles. I weigh about 190 and found that on the 800 I got buffeted by wind a lot more than now. Only thing I did to mine was for comfort: Mustang seat with adjustable backrest and 4 inch handle bar risers, Kuryakyn Iso grips. I plan to keep mine till I can't ride anymore. A long time, I hope! If it's clean, I'd go for it.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
I am....maybe....close to deciding that I might think about trading my MT09 on an M50....same bike mostly as the bike you are looking at. I love the look of the smaller capacity machine....reckon the bigger Suzuki cruisers dont have the same appeal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
M109 is a big hulk of a bike. 800 or 900 has plenty of power and would probably handle better. If you ride a lot of twisties, ligher bike may be more fun.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am....maybe....close to deciding that I might think about trading my MT09 on an M50....same bike mostly as the bike you are looking at. I love the look of the smaller capacity machine....reckon the bigger Suzuki cruisers dont have the same appeal.
i picked up a sv650 last december about 400 pounds. my yamaha 1100, air cooled, carburated, just about 620 pounds i would trade you for your mt09 in a second. the yamaha has been an excellant bike you should put it on your list. the custom and classic have different seats so try them both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts