Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Sym XS125-K done less than 1000 miles. I was out earlier today. The bike was running perfect. I pulled up at a friends house. Turned the ignition off. About 15 minutes later i turned the ignition back on. But there was no power what so ever... No headlights. No brake lights. No indicators. No nothing. I can start the bike with the kick start. But it isnt safe at all... With there being no brake lights, etc. I only have a few hours to get this fixed. I have all the tools i need. But i need the bike for tomorrow morning for work... HELP!?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was meant to tell you that i dont have a multi-meter. Ive checked the main fuse. Everything seems fine - by the eye. I really didnt think it would be the battery with it being a brand new bike. And ive checked through all the cables to makes sure everthing is plugged in. I dismanteled the lock barrel today and everthing seemed fine in that.

·
Super Moderator
13,854 Posts
I was meant to tell you that i dont have a multi-meter.
Well, you are going to need one.

Just because it is new to YOU doesn't mean that it hasn't been sitting around somewhere for a year or more, and the "new" battery could in fact be bad.

If it IS brand new, is there some reason you are not taking it back to the dealer for warranty service ????

·
Super Moderator
13,854 Posts
Well the bike is brand new. Its less than 6 months old. And i don't think i can. I missed my 500 mile service and apparently my warranty is no longer.
Don't follow one stupid mistake with another one.......by ASSuming things that may not be true.

The things done at the 500 mile service have NOTHING to do with the electrical system and missing it should NOT void your whole warranty.

Even if it does where you live (and you have to take a screwing without fighting back), I think you would be MUCH better off letting the dealer fix it......AND getting the 500 mile service done NOW. Better late than never.

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
multimeters are cheap - $30 bucks or so and they will save you many times their cost in aggravation.

near about the point of keeping one in the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.