Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the Road Glide on the Battery Tender all Winter..........gave her a once over, checked her tire pressure (had to add some, but no leaking), took her down off the lift and she started right up. 63ºF here yesterday...........took a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Issues!!

·
Super Moderator
12,794 Posts
You seem surprised by that.

Oh wait.......it is a Harley, isn't it !?!? :lol4:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw..........not surprised at all..........just sayin.........

So many of the posts in various motorcycle Forums are from people with issues (and I "get" the reason for coming in and seeking help), that I figured putting a Thread in that showed that not everyone has problems all the time, would be a breath of fresh air.

So far (knock on wood) I haven't HAD any issues with my HD. Thank goodness!!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The last 2 years I've used no tenders and all 3 of my Boulevards started in the spring. Not a heated garage either.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The last 2 years I've used no tenders and all 3 of my Boulevards started in the spring. Not a heated garage either.
Without a Tender eh?! Wow!! That's impressive!! The bike wasn't started at all during the Winter? I'm assuming your "Winter" to be at least November to March, eh?
What kind of battery?

·
Super Moderator
12,794 Posts
What kind of battery?
If he has AGM type batteries and they are fully charged going in....AND the bikes don't have parasitic draw from fancy electronics.......that really isn't surprising at all.

A tender is still a bit better but not much.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The M109R and C90T have the Stock batteries. The M50 has a Scorpion battery from Battery Stuff. I took a chance on that company and am not disappointed. I hardly ride the 50 anymore, so it's really impressive. The winter of '15/'16 was way worse than this year and they all started last spring also. I don't start the bikes unless I ride them and I never got a chance the last 2 winters. Nov-Mar is a good estimate for our winters. Some sub zero days. 2 winters ago lasting weeks below zero.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I took mine off the tender and the lift, backed it out of the garage, turned the key and listen to the starter turn over. And over... and over and over...

Took me a full 2 minutes to turn the petcock from "OFF" to "RUN". :eek:oops:

Once I did that it fired right up. Love that "little" Vstar!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took mine off the tender and the lift, backed it out of the garage, turned the key and listen to the starter turn over. And over... and over and over...

Took me a full 2 minutes to turn the petcock from "OFF" to "RUN". :eek:oops:

Once I did that it fired right up. Love that "little" Vstar!
The Honda Shadows that I owned, both had that Fuel On/Off Valve. I remember forgetting to turn it to "on" once, and got a mile or so down the road when the bike died. It took me a while, after pushing it back home mind you, (up hill), to figure out what I had neglected to do. It was THEN that I began to look seriously at the HD bikes. For ONE thing..........no Fuel Valve to remember to turn on!!

Then, after buying my first HD (Fatboy), what did I forget to do? I went to work one day on it, and parked it, forgetting to turn the switch "off" on the top of the gas tank. Came out after work, looking forward to the ride home, and she was DEAD!! Had to get a jump start.

If it wasn't for a lack of bullets, I mighta shot myself!! (lol).

·
Registered
105 Posts
The M109R and C90T have the Stock batteries. The M50 has a Scorpion battery from Battery Stuff. I took a chance on that company and am not disappointed. I hardly ride the 50 anymore, so it's really impressive. The winter of '15/'16 was way worse than this year and they all started last spring also. I don't start the bikes unless I ride them and I never got a chance the last 2 winters. Nov-Mar is a good estimate for our winters. Some sub zero days. 2 winters ago lasting weeks below zero.
Same here with my C90T and it was true with the intruder before it,and we definately have winter up here in New Brunswick, Canada. Stock battery

1 - 10 of 10 Posts