Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NO SPARK 2004 SUZUKI MARAUDER 800 TURNS OVER BUT NO SPARK I HAVE REPLACED THE STATOR, RECTIFIER, COILS, PLUGS, STARTER RELAY WITH NOTHING. SOME HAVE SAID IT MAY BE THE ECM. STUPID HAYNES MANUAL ONLY SHOWS THE ECM BUT ONLY FOR WHAT THEY CALL A 50 MODEL STILL 800, ERRRR I SEARCHED THE WEB WITH THE YR, MAKE AND MODEL FOR AN ECM TO SEE IF I COULD FIND ONE TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE BUT LOOKING AT THE PICS IT SHOWS THE ECM AND I DON'T SEE IT ANYWHERE ON MY BIKE, 2 LOST SEASONS OVER THIS ONE. I'M GOING NUTS ON THIS ONE ANY ADVICE ON THIS ISSUE?

·
Registered
9 Posts
NO SPARK 2004 SUZUKI MARAUDER 800 TURNS OVER BUT NO SPARK I HAVE REPLACED THE STATOR, RECTIFIER, COILS, PLUGS, STARTER RELAY WITH NOTHING. SOME HAVE SAID IT MAY BE THE ECM. STUPID HAYNES MANUAL ONLY SHOWS THE ECM BUT ONLY FOR WHAT THEY CALL A 50 MODEL STILL 800, ERRRR I SEARCHED THE WEB WITH THE YR, MAKE AND MODEL FOR AN ECM TO SEE IF I COULD FIND ONE TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE BUT LOOKING AT THE PICS IT SHOWS THE ECM AND I DON'T SEE IT ANYWHERE ON MY BIKE, 2 LOST SEASONS OVER THIS ONE. I'M GOING NUTS ON THIS ONE ANY ADVICE ON THIS ISSUE?
I know you dont want to but it sounds like you might of missed some minor critial something.. just take it to yoru local shop and have them check it out.. hell it might even just be a fuel/ air mix issue. i know once i get to far off i can never get the dam thing back easy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know you dont want to but it sounds like you might of missed some minor critial something.. just take it to yoru local shop and have them check it out.. hell it might even just be a fuel/ air mix issue. i know once i get to far off i can never get the dam thing back easy
THANKS I CAN CHECK THE OTHER THINGS BUT I DON'T THINK FUEL / AIR MIX WOULDN'T CAUSE A NO SPARK ISSUE A NO START YES. THE BIGGEST BIKE PLACE IN MY STATE NEEDS SOME MAJOR COMPETITION AND THE HAYNES AND CLYMER MANUALS ARE TOTALLY WORTHLESS, IN MY OPINON IT'S FALSE ADVERTISING, EXAMPLE YOU GET THE SERVICE & REPAIR STATES ON COVER "SUZUKI MARAUDER, VOLUSIA, & BOULEVARD 85-09" YOU TRY LOOKING UP THE ECM, IC FIND IT IN THE INDEX GO TO WHERE THESE THINGS ARE LOCATED AND LOOK LIKE AND WHAP, WHAP, WHAP PICS AND INFORMATION IS ONLY FOR THE FREAKING MARAUDER 800 S50 IDIOTS THEY SHOULD HAVE FOR BOTH BECAUSE THESE THINGS ARE VERY DIFFERENT THE S-50 SAYS EMC UNDER THE SEAT NOTHING THERE AGAIN SEARCHED THE NET PUT THE YR MAKE MODEL ETC THEY SHOW ECM OR IC FOR MY BIKE AND I CAN'T FIND WHAT I SAW IN THE IMAGES ANYWHERE ON THE BIKE. I'M PRETTY MECHANICALLY INCLINED BUT THIS ONE IS DRIVING ME UP THE WALL. ANY ADVICE I CAN GET IS GREATLY DEEPLY APPRECIATED!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts