Motorcycle Forum banner

181 - 200 of 202 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,796 Posts
Welcome fellow Floridian.
Are you around Jacksonville maybe ?

Take it easy until you get some miles under your belt.
Most riders say that you are still a rookie the whole first year......and I agree.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am new to this Forum from Shediac, New Brunswick, Canada and wanted to say hello.

I ride a 2016 Suzuki C90T, but not new to bikes. Traded my 2003 Intruder that I had since new this year. Before that assorted Honda, Kawi and Yamaha machines graced my garage.

Attached is a picture of my bike during a ride to Caissie Cape in NB. It is lobster season down here, so the wharfs are pretty busy.

Caissie cape.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all. My current rides:
2006 Ducati Supersport 800
2016 BMW R 1200 RS

Duc basically has mods to max it out (Leo Vince, Power Commander, open air-box w K&N, cat\etc. removed, Dyno'd) and some cosmetic.
BMW other than Akrpo pipe, so far cosmetic only.
Soon as I can sell off the HD, that cash goes against a new Triumph T120.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to the conversation uprightshark. Nice ride, looks like it's set up for the road.
Thanks man .... yup .... she keeps the boss (aka my wife) and I pretty comfy on the highway. Heading out to Cabot Trail in Cape Breton in a few weeks for a fall run. This will be her first real multi-day ride.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Thanks man .... yup .... she keeps the boss (aka my wife) and I pretty comfy on the highway. Heading out to Cabot Trail in Cape Breton in a few weeks for a fall run. This will be her first real multi-day ride.
I truly hope she enjoys the trip. It's cool having your better half share your passion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone! I am currently riding a 2015 honda metropolitan. Lol but it was in my price range at the time. Tomorrow I am picking up a 1980 honda cb750c custom! I'm from Erie, PA! My husband also had an 85 honda shadow 500.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey everyone! I am currently riding a 2015 honda metropolitan. Lol but it was in my price range at the time. Tomorrow I am picking up a 1980 honda cb750c custom! I'm from Erie, PA! My husband also had an 85 honda shadow 500.
Welcome Macaroni.

My first streetbike was a 1977 Honda 750 four K and looked like this:

This is a pic off the web, but mine looked exactly like this + a back rest.

If this is the same bike (or close), it was a solid machine, but it was a heavy bike and I am 6'5" tall and well over 200lbs (saw your other thread).

Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
12,796 Posts
Tomorrow I am picking up a 1980 honda cb750c custom! I'm from Erie, PA! My husband also had an 85 honda shadow 500.
Welcome.
Tell us more about that 750. That's a pretty big step up and a pretty old model.

Husband "HAD" a Shadow 500 ? What does he have now ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. Just signed up on the forum. I am pretty new to riding. Did the Harley riding course last May and then bought a 2005 C50. I didn't get as much time on it as I would have liked due to a really busy summer. I am looking forward to this spring so I can get back out on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello to all,
in 2001, i was 48, wife asked if i wanted to buy a motorcycle..thought about it a couple of seconds, said sure.
got in the car , we went bike shopping. a really cool surprise...we still ride the 2001 V-STAR 1100..
-have a nice day-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone! I'm new in the forum. I'm from San Francisco, looking to buy Aprilia RS250. Not sure if it's the right first bike, so if you have any recommendations, please share.
I'm interested in History and Travelling & Love the seaside.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good day all. Name is Al and reside in St Louis, MO. Son picked up a 98 VS1400 that needed some work. He and a friend spent some time but could not get it sorted and lost interest. After several months of sitting, convinced him to bring it to me. Spent some time getting some of the obvious things done. Next in line is getting a new battery and trying to get it started.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am new to the motorcycle world and have decided to take on a project it is a 77 suzuki gs400. It is going to be a project but so far everything I've seen on it looks good for the age (not very experienced with motorcycles at all but handy with a wrench) I went to redo all the electrical as of yesterday 3/31/2020 all it really needed was a new protective cover. (Wire loom & electrical tape) will keep updating as time goes by but this is a one to two day a month project. Anyways you all have a good rest of your day.

·
Super Moderator
12,796 Posts
Good luck.
That kind of a project can be rewarding......and frustrating at the same time.
Parts are often hard to find for things that old.

181 - 200 of 202 Posts