Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Back To Motorcycling

Hi, my name is Rich. I am 62, retired, and have had many motorcycles throughout my life on and off. I recently bought a motorcycle after a dry-spell of about 13 years. A little shaky at first, but after a few hours in the saddle, it's all coming back. I plan on riding with a club out in our area, and am just thrilled to be riding again. I didn't realize how much I missed it or loved it until I got back on a bike again. I just love my red and white Boulevard C50T.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there everyone

Good morning/afternoon/evening....my name is Tony.....from dark south africa.
i have a suzuki b-king k8 and various other bikes.....we have the most fantastic roads to ride here in the western cape......and i am looking foward to making friends on here.:D

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Hello everybody. I just picked up an K8 meanstreak and K7 gsxr 1000. after riding 600s forever, thought it was time to upgrade. my girl can't hold on so I got the meanstreak. How's that for an excuse!!!!
Hi!

I just bought a used 2005 m50 yesterday. It is black with fairly low miles. My first bike was an sv650s that I got in 2005 but had to sell in '05. I rode the m50 home last night which was really weird due to the fact I am used to the sv650. Nonetheless I am excited and am hoping to gets some louder pipes. Any suggestions? I also like the m109 rear fender, does anyone know if that will fit on an '05 m50?

Thanks and hello!

-roger
Hi!

Hello everyone,
I found this forum while I was looking to buy my first bike, I wasn't totally sure what I wanted. But, obviously I bought an M50 and I'm sure I made the right choice. It's used, a 2006, with a few nice aftermarket parts; Mopar forward controls, Vance &. Hines straight shot pipes, plus new Metzeler tires.
I've got some questions and some plans for future mods to discuss, for another time though.

J
Hi!

Hi, my name is Rich. I am 62, retired, and have had many motorcycles throughout my life on and off. I recently bought a motorcycle after a dry-spell of about 13 years. A little shaky at first, but after a few hours in the saddle, it's all coming back. I plan on riding with a club out in our area, and am just thrilled to be riding again. I didn't realize how much I missed it or loved it until I got back on a bike again. I just love my red and white Boulevard C50T.
Hi!

Good morning/afternoon/evening....my name is Tony.....from dark south africa.
i have a suzuki b-king k8 and various other bikes.....we have the most fantastic roads to ride here in the western cape......and i am looking foward to making friends on here.:D
Hi!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie..

Just found this site:D:D. Been biking for 60 yrs. and still love it. Had many bikes ,latest is a 02 Suzuki Volusia 800. Still miss my 1200 Bandit: My claim to fame is the 800 Lb. MOOSE i hit with a Honda Nighthawk coming home from a toy ride .The moose is dead and i am still in PAIN. Thats biking. Hi All.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just found this site:D:D. Been biking for 60 yrs. and still love it. Had many bikes ,latest is a 02 Suzuki Volusia 800. Still miss my 1200 Bandit: My claim to fame is the 800 Lb. MOOSE i hit with a Honda Nighthawk coming home from a toy ride .The moose is dead and i am still in PAIN. Thats biking. Hi All.
Welcome!!! An 800lb moose!!! That is quite the claim to fame! I'm glad the moose didn't take you out for good! Gheesh!

-roger

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Roger. That was a BIG sucker,wrote the Honda off. Got 2 broked wrist ,3ribs, left hip fracture ,left foot broken,lots of bruises. Off bikes for a year. Sure hurts when it rains but i am alive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hard to crank

[QUOTE= Hi every one I'am new. I am a Fireman with time on my hands. I ride a V Star 650. After reading all your question and in put you all seem to have the right answers. I have two V Sat 650, one classic one custom. the classic, when cold is hard to crank. If you pull out on the choke it will crank for a second and go dead. If you crank with it in it runs ruff and will only Idle. If you give it gas it will go dead. the only way to get it cranked is ease out halfway and let it idle and try to ease on the gas and rev till hot. I spent 500$ having the carb rebuilt.. My other bike ,same year ,cranks right up no problem pull out the choke, let run ,then ease off.

·
Leg Humps The Snap On Tool Man
1,477 Posts
hey new to the forum

Hey, new to the forum. Cheers. I bought an 07 Suzuki M50 VZ800/Z this spring and have clocked a little over 7k mi since. I love the bike, Bought it used with Vance and Hines pipes and some rather Gothem City looking mirrors on it. I managed to throw it under a car a few months ago in my inexpience and broke off a turn signal. I'm ok, no damage otherwise- just part of the sometimes painfull and costly learning experience right? Figgure I'll invest in a riding and safty course this spring. Live and learn.

Plans for the winter include new turn signals- dang. A satton black stripe over the tank and fenders, new bags, and wrinkle finnished engine covers and maybe c50 handle bars and forward controls. Just lookin to spend more money right?
Thanks NMc

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi There :)

Hi yall!:cheers: I am a noob at riding. I have only been riding since June this year but I am totally hooked. I think I have gone to work 3 times in my car since I got the bike 8).
My son has been riding for about 2 years and I was always green with envy when he'd come over on his 636. He reluctantly let me ride it a few times which just fanned the flames. He suggested a 650R, said it would be a good beginner bike... He was right 8) - I love the bike. It has enough power to get me out of trouble and it is light and easy to manouver.

--- We usually like to ride some back roads on Sunday mornings - South or North of the DFW Metroplex and we'd like to meet others that like to do the same. ---- We are not brand snobs - anyone with a bike is welcome. Feel free to drop me a line. This Sunday I am alone as my son is going to Colorado tomorrow :-?:mrgreen: -----

·
Registered
1 Posts

Aloha,
Just dropping in to say hello as a new member. Having also unvoluntarily joined the 60 and over club recently, My body insisted that I trade in my fun as heck '01 Suzuki SV650S for something more forgiving in nature. So I brought home a '08 Suzuki Boulevard C50 Special Edition this past friday.Its the Silver Gray with Tribal Graphics/Alloy Wheels/Chrome Studded Seats. I rode it 30 miles on friday, another 40 miles yesterday, and in a few minutes I will be heading out to the west side of Oahu for another 40 to 60 mile run. So far the bike is great, smooth, comfortable and running fine and not a glitch to be had.
Anyways, glad to join you all, and will be looking forward to sharing my journey on my C50 with you.

Aloha and Mahalo,

Feo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another newbie here. Got a Boulevard S40 as a b-day present for myself, and have proceeded to put over 2000 miles on it since I got my license in July. Don't know why I put off getting a bike so long, it's a blast! Anyway, joined up to hopefully find some good modification ideas, since the aftermarkets a little slim on this model.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
My name is Taryn and I am in the Motorcycle Business. I just wanted to see if I could possibly get some help here or if I could help some of you out with my products.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone I just joined and would like to say hello I just bought my first bike a 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 that had been sitting for about a year and I am slowly rebuilding it and restoring it for the fun of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to the community. I have bee riding since age 10 and own an 81 Goldwing Interstate and an 82 KZ750 at present. Glad to be a member, ride careful.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Welcome to everyone!

21 - 40 of 198 Posts