Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official welcome thread v.2(archived)

37K views 211 replies 117 participants last post by  Easy Rider 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Official Welcome thread, v.2

The original Welcome/New Member/Pitstop thread had a lot of dead content and was acting goofy because of its length. Time for a fresh start!

We're seeing more new members than ever lately. Great to have all of you!

#2 ·
Hello everyone I am new as of today 8-13-08. I just purchased my first bike a 2007 suzuki boulevard M50. I love it so far all that is done is its been debadged. I am trying to decide if my first mod will be exhaust or the licensed plate relocation to the left bottom swing arm. anyways glad to be part of the family.:mrgreen:

#3 ·
Welcome aboard :)

#4 ·
New Guy

Evening all, glad to see there is a place where riders can share information and opinions. Purchased a 07 Bandit 1250S in March 08, then realized I am not that young anymore. Traded for 08 M50 in July, much better on the hind quarters. Anyway, glad to be a member.

:police:

#5 ·
New to the bike world (not as a backpack)

Hey everyone.
Just got an 08 Suzuki M50 last week!!
Haven't done anything to yet... I'm very excited to see the threads with all the possible mods. My husband on the other hand will not be thrilled.... payback for all his mods!:twisted:
I took the Safety Council course last month, I think that's the same as the MSF in the States. It took me a month to find a bike that I liked. Then I got Christmas in August when I found it parked in my yard last week! (Hubby ROCKS!)

#152 ·
Hey everyone.
Just got an 08 Suzuki M50 last week!!
Haven't done anything to yet... I'm very excited to see the threads with all the possible mods. My husband on the other hand will not be thrilled.... payback for all his mods!:twisted:
I took the Safety Council course last month, I think that's the same as the MSF in the States. It took me a month to find a bike that I liked. Then I got Christmas in August when I found it parked in my yard last week! (Hubby ROCKS!)
:biker::bump::welcomes: to the Forum...

#6 ·
Hey, I'm the new guy for the moment. I have found my way here to this thread without any assistance, lol.
The name's Mike and I ride an 83 V65 Mag. I filled out my profile quickly...no pics as I am at work. Maybe when I get home in a couple of days I'll upload some.
Hope to be a contributing member.
cya
Mike

#7 ·
Hey Folks, I'm glad I found you. It looks like a great place. I've had a '91 Nighthawk for a little while now and recently took a trip from Seattle down the Oregon coast to Crater Lake. Packing two people, camping gear and five day's worth of food and supplies onto the bike was a challenge, but it was worth it!

#9 ·
Greetings

Hello All!

My name is Ken, I'm located in Beaverton, Oregon. I own a 2005 M50, bought new in 05. I haven't rode too much until this summer, only have about 4300 miles on her. I'm now looking to modify some stuff and this forum is great!

-Ken

#11 ·
For those that say hello here on this tread that I have missed saying hello too =

:leg:

:biker:

A TEXAS

HOWDY " :welcomes: " NEIGHBOR

Oh what a great trip!!!

:wheelie:

:301:

• I ride a 2006 Suzuki C50T Boulevard.

• The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

• This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 30 seconds.

#12 ·
Hello I am new member here in lovely Portland Oregon (GO Ducks :0) ), anyone else in my neighborhood? I got my honda rebel May 2008, I have taken the Team Oregon basic riders course this last month (august 1, 2nd, and 3rd), I learned alot from the class have more control & confindence. I didn't relaize just how much I would fall in love with riding m/c, when your on a streatch of road every just clicks together is a awesome feeling. It is very addictive.

#13 · (Edited)
Another new guy...

Hello, I'm another new guy to the site. I'm 45, I have been riding since I was 7. I have had everything from Hondas to Harleys. I currently ride a 08 Heritage Softail, anniversery edition. The main reason I joined is to have a place write about my riding. I have had one article published in our local biker magizine, without compensation. But I am not really looking for that, yet. I haven't taken any cross country trips yet, but those will come. I have done some overnighters with my wife, I love the times with her on the bike. I am an over the road truck driver so my post will be random, but I will try to keep therm interesting.

Thanks, Big Show

#157 ·
Hello, I'm another new guy to the site. I'm 45, I have been riding since I was 7. I have had everything from Hondas to Harleys. I currently ride a 08 Heritage Softail, anniversery edition. The main reason I joined is to have a place write about my riding. I have had one article published in our local biker magizine, without compensation. But I am not really looking for that, yet. I haven't taken any cross country trips yet, but those will come. I have done some overnighters with my wife, I love the times with her on the bike. I am an over the road truck driver so my post will be random, but I will try to keep therm interesting.

Thanks, Big Show

#26 ·
Hello everybody. I just picked up an K8 meanstreak and K7 gsxr 1000. after riding 600s forever, thought it was time to upgrade. my girl can't hold on so I got the meanstreak. How's that for an excuse!!!!
Hi!

I just bought a used 2005 m50 yesterday. It is black with fairly low miles. My first bike was an sv650s that I got in 2005 but had to sell in '05. I rode the m50 home last night which was really weird due to the fact I am used to the sv650. Nonetheless I am excited and am hoping to gets some louder pipes. Any suggestions? I also like the m109 rear fender, does anyone know if that will fit on an '05 m50?

Thanks and hello!

-roger
Hi!

Hello everyone,
I found this forum while I was looking to buy my first bike, I wasn't totally sure what I wanted. But, obviously I bought an M50 and I'm sure I made the right choice. It's used, a 2006, with a few nice aftermarket parts; Mopar forward controls, Vance &. Hines straight shot pipes, plus new Metzeler tires.
I've got some questions and some plans for future mods to discuss, for another time though.

J
Hi!

Hi, my name is Rich. I am 62, retired, and have had many motorcycles throughout my life on and off. I recently bought a motorcycle after a dry-spell of about 13 years. A little shaky at first, but after a few hours in the saddle, it's all coming back. I plan on riding with a club out in our area, and am just thrilled to be riding again. I didn't realize how much I missed it or loved it until I got back on a bike again. I just love my red and white Boulevard C50T.
Hi!

Good morning/afternoon/evening....my name is Tony.....from dark south africa.
i have a suzuki b-king k8 and various other bikes.....we have the most fantastic roads to ride here in the western cape......and i am looking foward to making friends on here.:D
Hi!

#17 ·
Hello all!

I just bought a used 2005 m50 yesterday. It is black with fairly low miles. My first bike was an sv650s that I got in 2005 but had to sell in '05. I rode the m50 home last night which was really weird due to the fact I am used to the sv650. Nonetheless I am excited and am hoping to gets some louder pipes. Any suggestions? I also like the m109 rear fender, does anyone know if that will fit on an '05 m50?

Thanks and hello!

-roger

#20 ·

Hello everyone,
I found this forum while I was looking to buy my first bike, I wasn't totally sure what I wanted. But, obviously I bought an M50 and I'm sure I made the right choice. It's used, a 2006, with a few nice aftermarket parts; Mopar forward controls, Vance &. Hines straight shot pipes, plus new Metzeler tires.
I've got some questions and some plans for future mods to discuss, for another time though.

J

#22 ·
Back To Motorcycling

Hi, my name is Rich. I am 62, retired, and have had many motorcycles throughout my life on and off. I recently bought a motorcycle after a dry-spell of about 13 years. A little shaky at first, but after a few hours in the saddle, it's all coming back. I plan on riding with a club out in our area, and am just thrilled to be riding again. I didn't realize how much I missed it or loved it until I got back on a bike again. I just love my red and white Boulevard C50T.

#161 ·

#27 ·
Newbie..

Just found this site:D:D. Been biking for 60 yrs. and still love it. Had many bikes ,latest is a 02 Suzuki Volusia 800. Still miss my 1200 Bandit: My claim to fame is the 800 Lb. MOOSE i hit with a Honda Nighthawk coming home from a toy ride .The moose is dead and i am still in PAIN. Thats biking. Hi All.

#28 ·
Just found this site:D:D. Been biking for 60 yrs. and still love it. Had many bikes ,latest is a 02 Suzuki Volusia 800. Still miss my 1200 Bandit: My claim to fame is the 800 Lb. MOOSE i hit with a Honda Nighthawk coming home from a toy ride .The moose is dead and i am still in PAIN. Thats biking. Hi All.
Welcome!!! An 800lb moose!!! That is quite the claim to fame! I'm glad the moose didn't take you out for good! Gheesh!

-roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.