Motorcycle Forum banner

Oil dip stick

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  BrentAB 
#1 ·
I just got a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard c109 and I overfilled it with oil because I can't see the clear oil on the silver dip stick. I would like to put something dark on the backside so I can see the oil, but I don't want to damage the oil. Any suggestions? Would a black permanent marker be OK?

#5 ·
The 109 has a dipstick? I want one! the M50 only has a sight glass, and it has to be checked with the bike fully vertical. And it's on the underside of the engine's side cover. Since I live alone, I had to get a little telescoping mirror, so I can see under there while I'm sitting on the seat.

#7 ·
Yes, it does have a dipstick, and it is hard to read. I colored the back with a permanent marker and still have a hard time seeing the oil. Bike is back in the shop because I had the same problem--oil coming out the air filter. First time I thought I overfilled it with oil. I changed the air filter and checked the oil and it was only a 1/4 up the stick, but it started blowing smoke again and oil pouring out the air filter holder. Not sure what is going on. AND the warranty expired 2 days before!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.