Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also posted this in the mechanics corner, but you guys ride Suzuki's too, and I just wanted to hear what you had to say!
I started out on my bike today, and 10 minutes into the ride my F1 (oil/temperature) light came on. The oil is fine in the inspection glass, and my radiator fliud is fine also. It didn't get passed 190 because it is a cool day and I didn't get stuck in any traffic. We'll anyways I pulled to the side of the road and killed the bike, and started it back up and rode it for another 10 minutes and it is doing the same thing, by now this is p*****g me off. So I head to the house and it dies. I couldn't get it started for about 5 minutes, then after I got it home. I killed it and started it back up and did the same thing. I called the dealer and they are backed up for a week. i looked in my owners maneul and in the trouble shooting page it just has check the fliuds.

Is it a temperature heating sensor gone bad, I unpluged my power commander and it does nothing. Maybe the oil is just shot, who knows. Any info would be great. thanks!

SATA X

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
If your TL 1k is like my Gixxer there is a two wire plug connector in the tail section wire harness. It should have nothing plugged into it. With the bike running and the FI light on, short the connector and it gives you a code display on the instrument display. That code corresponds to a list of about a dozen symptoms, but it will match one of them. At this point you will know the specific problem and can move forward with a repair.

This is ASSUMING that your 99 and my 02 have the same set up? My code list may even be correct for your bike.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It said -c35, which is (rear) injector wiring coupler? I'll go check it out, and see if I find something unhooked!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Clean the connector and then reconnect it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this going to be a pain.....How much do I have to take off to get to the injectors. I know the throttle body is right on top, I think I can just take the tank off, then the air intake and there it is? I'd rather do this myself if it is just a connector, but I hope my injector has not gone bad!

·
Super Moderator
12,903 Posts
Welcome.
I hope someone here can help you out.
But the participants in this 15 year old thread probably aren't around anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts