Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What point are you trying to make, Easy? Are you saying that it's wiser to by a used '94 than a new 2013? Why, tell me. I dont really understand where you are going.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Buy both, then you have a spare. Just a constructive thought.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Are some of you guys just dim? You don't get the question, or you're just hostile? is that it? The question reduces to which of the two choices appeals to you and why, so that I can look for commonality and be guided by it. And your responses would be sarcasm and anger? That makes sense.

·
Super Moderator
12,827 Posts
Are some of you guys just dim?
At least one of "us" posting in this thread IS.

We can only answer the question the way that it is posed and can only base our answer on the information given.

If you want MY personal opinion based on MY situation, you should have stated that about 15 posts ago.
**I** would not buy either.

Somehow I thought you were looking for advice on what YOU should do.......without telling us what your priorities and preferences ARE. You are getting smart-assed answers because you are posting a half-assed question.

Often the best way to approach something like this is for YOU to tell us as much as you can about what YOU are thinking and why.
Then we can tell you whether we think you are right in your conclusion or not.

Given that I have no interest in either bike........or in the outcome of the inquiry........I'm out, as long as you stop addressing things directly to me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
At least one of "us" posting in this thread IS.

..... , as long as you stop addressing things directly to me.
By using the terms "'dim," "angry" and "sarcastic" I didn't mean to be singling you out, Easy, but I still don't get why you keep using the word "we." Are all you guys together somewhere?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I say buy the new one. Why? Because it's a Harley. When (not if) it breaks down 2 miles into a 50 mile trip, you'll be glad you have a warranty.

(Ok ok. I'm a Suzuki fan, just had to get a jab in)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I say buy the new one. Why? Because it's a Harley. When (not if) it breaks down 2 miles into a 50 mile trip, you'll be glad you have a warranty.

(Ok ok. I'm a Suzuki fan, just had to get a jab in)
What is a 50 mile trip?,that doesn't even warm up my motor lol.

·
Super Moderator
12,827 Posts
but I still don't get why you keep using the word "we." Are all you guys together somewhere?
This is beginning to sound more like a troll and than a "real" discussion.

This isn't a private email exchange. It IS a public discussion and "we" refers to all of those present who are reading and maybe responding to the posts. Why is that so difficult for you to grasp......and why have you focused in on that tiny little thing that has no bearing on the subject at hand ????? It is an empherical "we". Look it up (I think I spelled it right).

Those who focus in on things like that, who haven't developed good communication skills yet, often are about 12 years old.
You ARE more than 12 years old, right ??

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Ah. I get it it. This slanging match over a hypothetical question is all a bit of pre Xmas entertainment for the rest of us. Surely?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
... "we" refers to all of those present who are reading ...
So you speak for all of them?

... It is an empherical "we". Look it up (I think I spelled it right).
I don't think you did. You might be thinking of either the royal or papal "We." In the case of the Queen, who uses the term from the throne, it refers to her and her soverign nation. In the case of the pope, it refers to the successor of St. Peter and the Holy Trinity. In your case, I can only guess it refers to you and the turd in your pocket.

... who haven't developed good communication skills yet, often are about 12 years old.
You ARE more than 12 years old, right ??[/QUOTE]

21 - 34 of 34 Posts