Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Yesterday I rode, alone, the Olympic Peninsula, starting and endign in Shelton. The trip was 323 miles and took nine hours. It was a beautiful ride and I took many pictures. My favorite parts were riding alone Puget Sound, Lake Crescent and the coast. In addition riding through the trees along the Olympic National Forest is wonderful. The weather was nice, a little on the cold side, especially after dark.

Ric

·
Registered
677 Posts
Sounds like a great ride! Hope you are enjoying the new ride, have you had any problems? What do you think of it so far?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
That's a nice ride if it's not socked in with fog,done it many a time.
Last time we rode up there we went all the way to the top at Cape Flattery and stopped in Neah Bay to buy smoked salmon from the indians.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a nice ride if it's not socked in with fog,done it many a time.
Last time we rode up there we went all the way to the top at Cape Flattery and stopped in Neah Bay to buy smoked salmon from the indians.
As I was looking over a map of where I rode I noticed that 112 runs along the Strait of Juan de Fuca. May have to check that out. Do you have a group of friends you ride with? I only know a couple of guys who ride and it's been difficult to get together.

Thanks for sharing.

Ric

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
As I was looking over a map of where I rode I noticed that 112 runs along the Strait of Juan de Fuca. May have to check that out. Do you have a group of friends you ride with? I only know a couple of guys who ride and it's been difficult to get together.

Thanks for sharing.

Ric
It's a pretty quiet little road up there,nice sidebar and the hike down to the cape is nice,we saw a whale hanging out so close you could have thrown a baseball and hit it.
I have/had a few friends I ride with (lost two in the last year or so,both 62 yo Nam vets),not much for big groups.
Still have a few close friends who ride,one an old school chum I've known for over 40 years.
In my experience the best rides are no more than just two or three bikes if not just one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Noekae,

While I am new to this forum, a group from the CX/GL forum are planning a trip on the 12-15th on the same loop. the Oregon and Ocean shores riders start on Firday and stay overnight in Port Orchard. Then Saturday we go up to the Hood Canal bridge and meet the rest of the group from Seattle. From there we have planned to hit Hurricane Ridge, go up SR112 along the coast and end up in Forks for the evening. Sunday head over to La Push then to the Ho Rain Forest visitor center then to Quinault Lake and to Ocean Shores for the evening. I will motor from there back to Port Orchard on Monday. So far we have 8 confirmed and only two of them on non CX/GL motorcycles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts