Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a 50 mile trip to Boston to expo center for the 2007 N.E. motorcycle show. Just got off rt 24 to route 3 in boston doing my norm of 80 MPH and traffic is normal in the bean town. This women has been folowing me for about 3 mile so close I thought she want to read my speedometer because her was broken or something. Thing like this doesn't bother me but today it did. I wave at her to get off my ass. But she just got closer, so close that all I could see is just her windsheild. I slowly applied my brake ( I mean slowly) she step on her hard and then started honking her horn and showing me her age with one finger. To my right there was traffic and in front of me there was more traffic which I keep about 8 car lenghts (1 car lenght per 10 MPH). I can't see why people ride on other rear end in heavy traffic does it make traffic go faster? 15 years ago I was in an accident and I rear ended some one and since then I keep my distance from the car in the front.

Well back to the show. I went by myself since I don't have any friends that have bikes. Well it was a waste of $10 of gas. A waste of $12 to park. A rip off of $15 to get in and and a real rip off for 1 hot dog and a coke of $5. $42 to see a bunch of vendors that just follow bike shows around and sell JUNK.

The 4 Metric bikes were there with small amounts of bikes. BMW, truimp, Boss Hog showed some of there goodies. Victory had the most bikes on display.

HD must of felt bad for there striking workers because there were a NO SHOW at the SHOW. Some guys trying to sell some used HD for new bike prices.

Also there was a new motorcycle (American ) Ridley. What a peice of JUNK with a price tag of $15000. 750CC with auto trany.

Lots of custom bike with a price tag of $25,000 that you couldn't ride for more that 5 miles.

Gee for $42 I could of bought something for my bike and would of been happier.

:fight2:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry, I enjoyed the show. Of course there is always some junk for sale but there were some good prices on items if you were interested in those items. In my case a few sets of Electropods. The price in the catalogue was no where close to what they were selling them for. I think $79 in the catalogue and $60 at the show.

As far as the Ridley, I do agree that it is way overpriced but it is a nice looking bike and they do sound great. I met a woman this summer that was riding one and she loved it. Her husband had an Ultra and she kept right with him. There are people out there that for some reason want an automatic and they're willing to pay for it.

It was the first bike show for me so I don't know what more you would want out of a bike show.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Maybe I should of not said JUNK but there was not that much there for the big price tag. It kind of looked like it was made in some garage.

I know that Honda made 2 auto transmission unit in the late 70's and early 80 but didn't sell much. But today with more couples riding I fiquered that some models don't come out with auto transmission. Even some of there big bikes like the gold wing would be nice. And what are Electropod.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
I went Saturday. It was rather anticlimactic this year. I may skip next year unless I want to see something in particular. I guess my interest has shifted from shiny new bikes to something for the track.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This year seemed a bit smaller than previous years. Even the new vendors didn't seem to have as much on display. But 4dtvman is right, more expensive than its worth especially with parking.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I started this thread about the driver that was on my butt to see how other people felt about it since were all bike riders and how we would feel if we were riding and the same thing happen.

Or some one could tell us of past experences.

I just threw in the bike show.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
I guess rude driver threads are bit tiresome. You hinted that it takes an accident to teach some people, and you're right. It took an accident to get me to wear my seatbelt, and another to remind me to stay back. Glad you weren't made into a pancake.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Just kidding, but hey I do live 6 miles from plant. of course their on strike now! I belive for only one reason to get the overstock of HD's Touring and Softtails off the show room floors and man do they ever have an overstock issue.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:bluethum: I like the looks of 2 bikes yours which my cousin has one and the yahama venture, which has the same bag and trunk look. I would like to buy a touring motorcycle. I don't like the goldwing because of it's looks only. The BMW is too high for me. The HD is about 6000 more than the venture. Not any faster or better handling. But I never bought any thing new I can't see my self paying that much money at once and I never had a loan. So if some day the new HD prices come down which will make the used bikes come down in price I might buy one of those 2 bike. But for now I'll keep 1999 Suzuki LC1500 which is in perfect shape and I've spent alot of money and my own labor to make it just the way I like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts