Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking at a 1987 Yamaha fz700t/c that someone local is selling me for 600 dollars, he said that he can get the bike to run if you feed fuel from a gas can but it wont feed fuel from the gas tank. Bike is in fairly good condition for the year, but my main concern is whether it's worth the cost and headache of trying to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have attached a picture of the bike.

·
Super Moderator
12,688 Posts
I would NOT even consider it without seeing it run.

Could be costly if the fuel tank outlet is plugged with rust. (New tank)

Or as simple as a failed fuel petcock.

Some quick tests would be required ....and/or tell him to get it fixed first and then it will be worth $600.
Without it starting and running good......maybe $400.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those were both my thoughts on the situation of it not taking fuel, I'm more so leaning towards it having rust in the tank considering the time it has spent without being started. Another concern I have is whether or not these were dependable bikes, as this is the first fz700t/c that I've ever seen or even heard of (I was 2 years old when the bike came out lol).

I would NOT even consider it without seeing it run.

Could be costly if the fuel tank outlet is plugged with rust. (New tank)

Or as simple as a failed fuel petcock.

Some quick tests would be required ....and/or tell him to get it fixed first and then it will be worth $600.
Without it starting and running good......maybe $400.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Looking at the state of that bike I wouldnt buy it but as ER says its worth getting it fixed before you do. Also I think 400 is still too high

1 - 4 of 4 Posts