Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there 2 different types of crotch rockets?are Superbikes meant for highspeed turns 150 plus. And not for lots of real sharp turns in the 30 mph to 70 mph range. If i want to take sharp turns every 200 ft in town or the suburbs or the city i would want a much lighter bike right? I want to buy a panigale v4s but im not sure if a bike that big 430 pounds is also meant to handle in the short range scenarios?

·
Registered
109 Posts
please dont create duplicate threads. no one needs a litre bike. unless you go to the track... i dont have any experiance with sport bikes. But i have heard smaller ones 300-650 are more flickable because of less weight. a ninja 350 will do interstate speeds... i have a yamaha v star 1100. even though it is 700lbs i can corner pretty good. my brother has a sport tour. yamaha tripple. its a 700 i think.

·
Super Moderator
12,184 Posts
I have deleted the other identical thread that you started.
[Edit: Make that the other TWO that you started.]

Why would you be wanting or needing to "take sharp turns every 200 feet" ?

Maybe this isn't a fair statement but from your post it sounds like you are asking "What is the best way to ride like a maniac and kill myself."

Superbikes are designed for racing.....on a track.
Riding one on the street is just a waste of money.

If you are a new rider, a MUCH smaller bike would be a better first choice.......and maybe not a sport style either.

What exactly IS your situation.......and why are you asking ??

·
Registered
109 Posts
i was thinking of the fz-09. But if would start with an FZ-07. It is a parallel twin, upright position. Plenty of power. it is very good for new riders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts