• Full leather riding suit.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Leather pants, or chaps.

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Riding specific jeans.

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Everyday jeans.

Votes: 63 60.0%
  • Whatever I can throw on so nothin' is flappin' in the wind!

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Textile Overpants

Votes: 16 15.2%

• Total voters
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.
13,226 Posts
I'm still waiting for someone to make protective riding gear to match my clown shoes, rainbow hair, and and red nose... I'm thinking yellow with red polka dots.
Speaking of which....

Do you still have that pic I had you fix? The clown actually riding in city traffic?

He was on a blue bike.

I figured that'd be easy to find again. Nope.

BTW.....Pants are highly overrated!

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I'm still waiting for someone to make protective riding gear to match my clown shoes, rainbow hair, and and red nose... I'm thinking yellow with red polka dots.
maybe you can just put some armour underneath the clownsuit... should protect you :)

i wonder if this guy wears armour underneath it all :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
:pissed: Caught by an old thread again!

oh well.

I wear regular jeans and if it's cold or rainy I add a pair of goretex hiking pants over the top. Hoping to get some textile/mesh overpants one of these days.

kari

·
Registered
383 Posts
Olympia Airglide 2 overpants (silver) typically with jeans underneath though I've also used them over dresspants when jeans were dirty or on Sundays. Great for commuting - my trip is only about 6 miles one way. Once I'm there, I can remove them in the parking lot and stuff in the Kuryakyn GranTour Bag.

Not gone down yet.

Add long johns when the temp heads towards lower 65 and below...45 is about my limit. Those three layers (long johns, jeans, mesh overpants) are doable down to 45 since my commute is so short.

Recently discovered that thermals and the overpants with their insulated liner was not enough on a 4 hour ride in the 40s-50s. Hotties in my jeans pockets might have been a helpful difference.

Just got a pair of fleece lined jeans but haven't had a chance to try them...I would still use the Airglides with them.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Shift Racing Kevlar reinforced jeans (decent, heavier than everyday jeans) with ICON Field Armor Knee & Shin protector underneath(very nice, and invisible), and new BOHN armor mesh shorts (very flimsy & poorly stitched chinese product - but better than nothing). I also have winter overpants by TEKNIC with knee armor which work well, but gets sweaty after a while. RiverRoad pants which are a bit too tight, also came with foam and knee armor.

·
Right Clicker
5,637 Posts
FirstGear HT OVERPANTS 2.0 {over blue jeans}
100% waterproof 330 denier Hypertex™

Removable, zip-out, insulated liner
Waterproof, breathable membrane
Removable Temperfoam knee and hip armor
10” (ZIPS™) jacket attachment system includes
Heavy-duty, full-length, 2-way, leg zippers
for easy on and off matching, sew-in zipper for your pants

Heat-resistant material from knee to ankle
Spandex waist and adjustable side tabs

·
Super Moderator
12,350 Posts
Since the thread has new life.........
Anybody know of a source for "midget" sized riding pants?

I have a 27-28 inseam and it appears that nobody makes anything that properly fits the short crowd.......and because of the mesh/armor/etc. the longer ones look to be practically impossible to have "tailored".

I even looked at ladies sizes (still no short legs) and husky kids (not "husky" enough).

Sure wish Kay was still here!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Easy Rider - look at Olympia

I have a 27-28 inseam and it appears that nobody makes anything that properly fits the short crowd.......and because of the mesh/armor/etc. the longer ones look to be practically impossible to have "tailored".

I even looked at ladies sizes (still no short legs) and husky kids (not "husky" enough).
Just measured my Olympia Airglide 2 ladies overpants. EZ hem (solid) cuff looks to accommodate 26-32 inseams. I'm about a 30 and didn't alter it. Extra length ensures coverage while riding, so I just deal with the scrunched up fabric when off the bike. There is mesh liner on the inside of the cuff, but a good tailor should be able to handle that. Overall you shouldn't have to touch the airflow mesh above the cuff.

If you prefer a solid pant, they make that as well with the same EZ hem cuff.

As I mentioned they are overpants but come with an insulated waterproof liner - which is meant to be a stand alone pant if needed (but they look like ski pants, so it's not anything you would wear in the office.) I usually wear about a size 14 but my Airglides are a 12. The overpant is plenty roomy over jeans/pants, but the liner is a more exact fit. Consequently, I only wear that when just riding, not for the commute as the liner won't fit over my street pants. For cooler weather I add thermals under my jeans/pants for the commute; I'm less than 10 miles from the office, so even at 45* I can hang with that.

Olympia Moto Sports - Ladies Airglide 2 Mesh Tech Over Pant

Help it helps.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Since the thread has new life.........

Sure wish Kay was still here!
I would do a search for the "Short" thread, and then just ask one of those guys where they get their pants.

And for cripes sake, stop shopping in the women's section of the store...you're going to make us all look bad.
:bluethum:

·
Super Moderator
12,350 Posts
Help it helps.
Thanks for the info.

I just took a quick look and, alas, it is close but no cigar.
The chart says a men's 36 comes with a 35 inseam.....so even taking off 6" won't quite do it......and the adjustable knee armor probably won't adjust that far either.

Wonder what the waist would be on a ladies 16 or 18? It doesn't show that.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts