Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have an 06 M50 with debaffled exhaust, K&N filter, and a hole cut out of the bottom of my intake cover. I just got a good deal on a used power commander III and I cant find any maps that go with my setup. does anyone have or know any maps that will work with my setup?
Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. i figured wouldn't be much out. just trying to get something close that would work good. there's no dyno near me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what does anyone think would be better, using the vance Hines map with or without the baffel to be close to my stock debaffeled? and also would it matter if i used a c50 map or does it have to be an m50 one. is there differences in them relating to mapping? sorry im new to all this, iv always had carb bikes and used ignition advance sprokets and jetted needles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
First off, C50 vs. M50 shouldn't matter. Either should work. As to the V&H with or without baffles, I'd try the V&H map with baffles first. Also, I'd invest in a set of new spark plugs, and install them when you do the PC3 install. That way you'll know (generally) by examining the new plugs after 100 miles to see how the mixture is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good idea. any advice on anything i should be listening or feeling for when trying different maps or will i be able to tell which is best? im going to try a few different ones. is there any ways to tell if its running lean or rich? and whats the best way to test run the map, should i shift normal or go all the way up the rpm range.. sorry for all the questions, im good at the mechanical aspect of bikes but not the internal mathematics with air fuel mixture. im trying to learn all i can. iv tryed google searches but cant really find much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts