Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum Members,

Looking for some insights. 2007 Roadliner...18000 miles on it....cobra exhaust.....all is running great.

I installed the PCS slam kit (dogbones and spring) and after that I have a driveability issue.

Between about 1600-2500rpm I occasionally a split second blip in performance...happens after riding for 5-10 minutes. It has happened in every gear I think (can't remember if in first or not..but all others). It does a slight, what I would call "buck", not big..but noticeable...almost feels like the engine hiccups, or the belt is slipping...but feels like the engine does not power back wheel for just a moment..split second. I have checked belt tension and is within the 10lb specs..and the belt itself is missing no teeth or damaged that I can see.

I can imagine putting bones and a spring it it could cause this issue out of nowhere...coincidence?

Any ideas on what might be causing this? Things to check?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking possibly the same thing maybe a little bit of the juggling and jostling and hammering in Bolts and moving wheels might've broken something loose in the clutch not sure I don't know how many miles they normally last it's got about 18,000 on it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts