Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
It's not going to be easy!

Everett Keith said:
Does anyone make a Phat tire upgrade for the M-50 yet? Something around a 240 size.
The Harley guys only have to widen the swing arm and add a spacer. It's going to be extremely hard to do with the drive shaft,if not impossible without costly reengineering.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
don...there was a good thread on the 200 tire about a year ago on here, had pics and such. it fits...however, looking at the stock clearance, it has to be pinching in a little or it would rub. i went with a 180 when i needed a new rear tire )

find that thread here in the M50 folder if you want pics and more info than i just gave

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
don i had a 200 Avon Venom on mine and it rubbed the driveshaft. i have heard that the Avon is wider at the shoulder than the metzler. like pinhy i went with the 180 metzler this time. i will try the 200 metzler next time. the 200 fills in the area a little better.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah outlaw, I even found your old post about the 200 avon venom after reading through what came up in search. I still have quite a ways to go before I'll be needing a tire but good knowledge to have ahead of time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
TrOjAnUK said:
Shambo... any pictures available??

TrOjAn
find the thread on here there are plently on pics. I ran the metzler 200 and the turning (handling was bad) you had to turn the bike instead of leaning it. I ran the 200 and now am on the best tire i have found yet..the Prelli Mt66 in the 170

1 - 16 of 16 Posts