Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'll be hanging out here in the future :) I am picking up a
2001 Intruder 800 with 1,900 miles. One owner. Cherry red....
Got it from an elderly gentleman who decided he doesn't need to ride any more. I'm paying $3,500 for the bike which I am very comfortable with since it is truly in new condition.

We'll see how it rides and I'll post a report. Hopefully, there will be no major problems.

Thanks

BTW, I'm in northern NJ (thats "youz guyz" to "y'all")

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Marcos

Maybe I'll get ambitious and visit LA on the bike someday.
4 days to cross the country.....4 days to cross LA during rush hour (which is ALWAYS). :mrgreen:

· Registered
63 Posts
If everything goes according to plan, I'll be moving from L.A. to Guanajuato, Mexico in August! I'm not entirely sure, but that might be closer to you in Joisey. So, if you want a vacation, let me know after I get settled.

· Registered
22 Posts
Gus said:
Hey all,
I am picking up a 2001 Intruder 800 with 1,900 miles. One owner. Cherry red....
Congratulations. I started hanging out here about a month ago when I bought a very similar bike. A maroonish purple 1999 Intruder 800 in very similar condition. Only had 15 miles on it. This is my first bike and after almost 600 mi I am truly liking it. I am in South Jersey (Cherry Hill area) perhaps one day we'll bump into each other ... figuratively of course.

Real nice and helpfull bunch of folks here. I learned a lot just by reading many posts.

Good luck with the bike. Ride safe.

· Registered
2 Posts
Where in the world do ya find those kind of deals? I've been patiently waiting for an opportunity like that but it still hasn't come by. And yes I have gone out looking also. Been looking for a volusia in case anybody has any leads.

· Registered
221 Posts
wxsldr said:
Where in the world do ya find those kind of deals? I've been patiently waiting for an opportunity like that but it still hasn't come by. And yes I have gone out looking also. Been looking for a volusia in case anybody has any leads.
Also, since you're from Houston, there's a guy around that area from the OWNERS LEAGUE called Briman who has a website for VOLS Check out THE RUSKS.com he may know of a bike for sale.

· Registered
22 Posts
wxsldr said:
I found my bike on Ebay of all places. It must have been meant for me because thats the last place where I figured I'd be buying a bike. Actually my bike was not a price bargain. I paid $3850 for it. Blue book is right around there. The bargain if you want to call it that is that it only had 15 miles. And no miles actually made me suspicious, but the bike was being sold locally so I went to check it out on the last day of the sale. It looked brand new, ran fine, so I took the gamble. I have a new bike for about $2500 less thana 2004 model and no warranty. I don't think it was a steel, but I am happy with what I got for my money. I broke 600 miles yesterday so its time to spend some money on service.

Keep looking, you will find your bike. Let us know when you do. Good luck.

· Registered
2 Posts
vol01jim said:
have you checked out VOLUSIA OWNERS LEAGUE.com? much going on there.
Already a member there, lots of great stuff there. I need to try that other web site... The Rusks...

Izzy, I've looked through ebay, found some decent bikes but like you mentioned sometimes you really don't know what your getting. I'll keep looking. But in the mean time, ride long, ride safe...

· Registered
5 Posts
wxsldr said:
Izzy, I've looked through ebay, found some decent bikes but like you mentioned sometimes you really don't know what your getting. I'll keep looking. But in the mean time, ride long, ride safe...

Well, if I may add my .02... I found the love of my life on eBay. I know its a chance and a half, you gotta really have a guardian angel on your side and CALL the seller! But I found it was worth it! My '96 800 Intruder had 15,000m on it, lots of chrome and custom work for $3K. I was ecstatic. Had to ride to Houston to pick it up, not a bad haul from where I live.

Just found this board, looks like I'll be coming back a lot! *G*

Rider up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.