Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show twice this year. First on Saturday to show a friend what kind of bikes she should get as a first bike (she wanted a Ducati superbike until I convinced her otherwise). Then on Sunday to promote the local Ducati Owner's club....

Stoner's Ride:

An electric scooter:

B-King. Man, that thing is FAAAAT at the tank

Can-Am. A tricycle, maybe ???

The best color on a gixxer 600

The BMW R1200 RT (used by California Highway Patrol) I test rode. Other than a boatload of comfy features, I was NOT impressed at all (clunky transmission, rough motor, nothing like my Bimmer cage).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Awesome pics - I am competing in the Atlanta show in January in the custom bike builders event. It will be my first show so I'm a little nervous. Did you get to see the custom bike competition while you were there? Notice anything major?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Oh that new color on the gixxer is niiiiiiice!
And that trike looking bike looks like a robot! lol

Am I the only one that's feeling like the bikes are getting LARGER? :twisted:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The new gixxer 600 actually feels smaller.

With the 06-07 gixxer 600, I can flatfoot it. With the 08 gixxer 600, I can flatfoot it and bend my knees. Kay, you might want to trade your gixxer in....

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
The new gixxer 600 actually feels smaller.

With the 06-07 gixxer 600, I can flatfoot it. With the 08 gixxer 600, I can flatfoot it and bend my knees. Kay, you might want to trade your gixxer in....
Really? :p
That's just GREAT news!

I do like my red/white gixxer color too but if it's smaller.....that's really going to be seductive.

Wookie, you can flatfoot this gixxer?
I'm jealous.....:twisted:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can flatfoot on all of my bikes. I live on a hill side with a 3-pct gradient driveway so the ability to flatfoot is important.

With all of the sportbikes I've ridden, I can flat foot on all of them, some just barely (e.g., the 749s and the Busa), others I can flatfoot with my knees bent (e.g., the SV and the gixxers). But I've never been able to flatfoot while bending my knees at least 15 to 20 degrees, like I did with the 2008 gixxer 600-750....

Either Suzuki is making them more rider-friendly or I'm getting heavier....

·
Cookie Monstress.
5,192 Posts
.. Kay... or perhaps you are shrinking? did you take the blue pill the little rabbit offered you ?

Am I the only one that's feeling like the bikes are getting LARGER? :twisted:
I always like to think out of the box like this... so nice to let my brain get some air....

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Awesome pics - I am competing in the Atlanta show in January in the custom bike builders event. It will be my first show so I'm a little nervous. Did you get to see the custom bike competition while you were there? Notice anything major?
Can you post any pics of your custom bikes?? would love to see them :mrgreen:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I posted a couple of pictures on another topic... the one titled: "Hyosung, Lifan, UM" or something similar to that. :)

www.fithgearcustoms.com - lots of pictures :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
I like the b king. The tank on that thing is huge like you said. I saw one in real life for the first time this past week.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Would have liked to see a few more angles on the B-King, as it reminds me of the original Vmax design.
As I am eagerly anticipating the release of the new VMax, your post got me curious if there were any surprises...no such luck.
The waiting game continues...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts