Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1990 Kawasaki 454 ltd (it is a 2 cylinder) over the winter I had the carbs off and cleaned and replaced the o-rings. when i first had it out this season it would run on 1 cylinder when i was driving so i would pull over and put the choke on and it would start running both again. so i put a tank of gas with seafoam carb cleaner in it and it worked fine for a day or two. now when i accelerate it bogs down at about 4000-5000 rpm. i checked the pet-cock screens and they are fine what else should i check?

·
Super Moderator
13,035 Posts
I have a 1990 Kawasaki 454 ltd it would run on 1 cylinder
Doesn't the 454 have 4 cyllinders ?? If so, I doubt it would run on only one.

It is possible that the Seafoam fixed your initial problem and now it is something different.

At this point, I'd suggest you change the plugs and inspect the wires and boots.

If that doesn't help, drain the float bowls and the gas tank. Change the fuel filter if there is one.
Put in fresh gas with a real carb cleaner......like Berrymans B12 Chemtool at twice the recommended rate.
That should take care of whatever carb problem you might have........if it just needed cleaning........after you ride it a few days, that is.

Does it still have a stock air filter on it ?? And are the connections on both sides of the carb snug and not leaking air.??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts