Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 484 Posts

·
Formerly Rice Burner
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking forward to seeing the photos from all over the world.

Mt. Fuji Route - Japan

1st image shows: can ride up to 2,400m (7,800 feet) above sea level
but 2nd: Mt. Fuji should be viewed from the distant places.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Beartooth Pass, Montana

Grand Staircase Monument, Utah

·
Formerly Rice Burner
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Crystal Line - Japan
There used be a crystalline mine. For about 60 miles all twisty road with almost no traffic on weekdays.
Summer and Autumn:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
SNAFU said:
What did you expect? They don't call this the Prairies for nothing.

LOL. Hope you have an ipod or equivalent to keep yourself from dozing off. After a brief chuckle, I found myself fighting back a yawn. There must be a curve or SOMETHING in them there parts. ;)

BTW, beautiful pics Rice Burner. Keep them coming.

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,182 Posts
GPS map from a tour earlier this summer:

A typical view during this tour:

I'll post some more pictures next week - I'm off tonight on a 48-hour tour across the Alps, starting in Brünig (near Interlaken), and heading across a number of passes into northern Italy and possibly into the Dolomites and Tirol-Alps (Austria). And it looks like the weather will be cooperative ... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
i'm stuck in BFE hell.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
SNAFU said:
What did you expect? They don't call this the Prairies for nothing.
And that's why I've never made it past Saskatoon....;)

·
Formerly Rice Burner
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, nothing but the clouds. This is supposed to be a nice view of the Pacific Ocean and the Izu Peninsula from the level of 7600 feet above sea level of the Skyline. Have tried three times this year but no luck so far. Intend to post the one again when lucky ....

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,182 Posts
For all of you in "hell", I'll be posting over 100 new pictures to my web site tonight, and I'll post a "trip report" in a new thread here (and in my blog). Here's the short version ... 2 days and 2 nights, 550 miles total, more than 15 hours in the saddle, 9 alpine passes, the highest being just under 8000 feet. Some of the most impressive (and sometimes frightening) twisties and hairpin turns in the world. I'll post a picture here as soon as I've finished downloading all of the data from my GPS and my camera.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Give me a few weeks and I will have some from Big Bear Lake and areas that I will have around me. Some are going to be the every day commute.

Great pic's guys. View attachment 5714 View attachment 5715

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Not all that much to see around here, and one road is about the same as any other... the following two roads are fairly representative...

1 - 20 of 484 Posts