Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought the tsykayu bags from value accesories last september. I really like these bags until i noticed that the leather is peeling away and shrinking. I sent them an email with pics because i could not find a phone number to call them. I got an email back and they are trying to figure out what to do about it. I'm thinking they are going to try to get out of taking care of it since it has been more than six months. I'm not really sure how long of a warranty they have on them but i think i remember it was only six months. I'll have to let everyone know how this works out, but believe me, I'll tell everyone not to buy these if they dont fix it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They told me to try to pull the leather up to cover the bag and then use super glue to hold it in place. Thats just as bad as when my oem suzuki passenger floor boards lost their rubber pad and I had to buy new ones and super glue them on. I guess you get what you pay for. These were the cheapest hard bags i could find. Now i know why. They are only good for about nine months.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont necissarily have an issue with the bags themselves. My problem is the leather is coming off. I'd assume the hard bags would be OK. They wont do anything about my problems. I'm going to strip the leather this winter and have the bags painted to match the bike. like this.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've seen this happen on two other sets of Tsukayu leather covered bags.. :(
was looking to buy those bags, glad didn't. Have leatherlykes. they're practical and look good, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts